User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Why do people hate tradional thoughts and practices?

I like them, I actually prefer simplesty in life. Like not having any piercings or tattoos, I don't over dress I just wear clothes. I just like being me, and have normal traditional thoughts. I enjoy family and friends, a simple dinner.

so why do people try so hard to be different? I want a quiet life, a good life, a dog/cat, friends, internet, and a decent job that's gonna put me in at least middle class.

what are they hiding from?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Hating things because it's tradition or common and that's the core reason why it is disliked is just idiotic. Talk about a completely baseless opinion. Though I admit I have a few of those opinions, and I suspect everyone does.

Sometimes people like to stand out. They want to be noticed. To them it feels icky to be common or average (I mean, this is the core of E4). Tradition and related things sort of go counter to that by their nature.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Hating things because it's tradition or common and that's the core reason why it is disliked is just idiotic. Talk about a completely baseless opinion. Though I admit I have a few of those opinions, and I suspect everyone does.

Sometimes people like to stand out. They want to be noticed. To them it feels icky to be common or average (I mean, this is the core of E4). Tradition and related things sort of go counter to that by their nature.
    definetly, what I guess I'm referring to is the people who go out of their way to be different to the point of being fake. I guess there's also those who try to be exactly like society wants and ends up being fake as well. I guess what I don't like is fakeness.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

People who claim to hate traditional lifestyles often feel restricted by the pressure to conform. It's not always trying really hard to be different; sometimes just being yourself is seen by other people as trying hard to be different.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Some people want traditional culture destroyed because there's something about themselves that is rejected by that culture. They're lumping various aspects of traditional culture into one package, and rejecting all of it. Like, the opposite of what it is they hate is something they should love. My guess based on a few people I've known.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I guess there are hipsters that really make anti-conformism the aim itself, but I think most non-traditional people are merely trying to pursue what they want. Traditions tend to follow cultural ideals, which in turn tend to be narrow to a point that few human beings can realistically reflect them.

As far as your statements are concerned, I am traditionally in many of the ways you want to be. Does that make me traditional in general? When it comes to arguments of politics, I tend to loath the position of tradition every time.

You see, I have no problem with people being traditional because they incidentally want something that is considered traditional. I am disturbed by tradition being considered inherently valuable. I am disturbed by that idea that something which has always been done in memory ought to be continued. If someone builds their own life on that premise I question their path to happiness, and if someone tries to alter other peoples' lives to match that premise I consider them oppressors.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Stansmith

Yeah, I find it petty most of the time.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I guess there are hipsters that really make anti-conformism the aim itself, but I think most non-traditional people are merely trying to pursue what they want. Traditions tend to follow cultural ideals, which in turn tend to be narrow to a point that few human beings can realistically reflect them.

As far as your statements are concerned, I am traditionally in many of the ways you want to be. Does that make me traditional in general? When it comes to arguments of politics, I tend to loath the position of tradition every time.

You see, I have no problem with people being traditional because they incidentally want something that is considered traditional. I am disturbed by tradition being considered inherently valuable. I am disturbed by that idea that something which has always been done in memory ought to be continued. If someone builds their own life on that premise I question their path to happiness, and if someone tries to alter other peoples' lives to match that premise I consider them oppressors.
    this it. this right here
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Liking things because they are traditional is just as idiotic. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Exactly. One should do what makes most sense in one's individual circumstances. If it happens to coincide with tradition, so be it; same if it doesn't. The only time I do traditional things for their own sake is when I know that will please someone who is important to me. Even then, my goal is not being traditional, but rather making my parents or an elderly aunt comfortable and happy, and I won't do it if there are negative practical consequences.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...