Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I don't really like tradition.

But it's not like I don't like it just because I want to be different or something. That's stupid.

I just don't like blindly following what others have done in the past, without asking why.

If I like something, I like it, if I don't I don't. But it takes me quite a bit of time to figure out what I actually like.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Do many people really hate traditional thoughts and practices? I don't really meet or see that many of them around, in fact, quite the opposite.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Although i realise that prpl means 'why don't people just be who they are, rather than try so hard to be something else and project fakeness', to which i reply that sometimes it takes people a long time to realise and be confident enough in who they are to not adopt a particular trend as a means of identifying who they are.

But thinking on the title of the post more, i really do wonder what traditional and tradition means.

For me, for example, as woman, does it mean that i am meant to be married with children and a stay at home mum? Or in this day and age, am i being traditional in NOT being a married stay at home mother?

Is being yourself bucking tradition if you chose to be something other than the 'norm'? and what even is the norm anyway? It changes from culture to culture.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Although i realise that prpl means 'why don't people just be who they are, rather than try so hard to be something else and project fakeness', to which i reply that sometimes it takes people a long time to realise and be confident enough in who they are to not adopt a particular trend as a means of identifying who they are.

But thinking on the title of the post more, i really do wonder what traditional and tradition means.

For me, for example, as woman, does it mean that i am meant to be married with children and a stay at home mum? Or in this day and age, am i being traditional in NOT being a married stay at home mother?

Is being yourself bucking tradition if you chose to be something other than the 'norm'? and what even is the norm anyway? It changes from culture to culture.
    Yea, I was questioning this as well.

Prpl sorta sounded like tatoos are non traditional...

But I do not know one person other than me and my mom who doesn't have one. It's the norm to get a tatoo round these parts.

The "norm" line is blurry and subjective I think.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post

Traditions are those customs and practices which are handed down from generation to generation. Yes, they will be different for different cultures, so what is traditional in one culture may not be in another. Traditions eventually change, and we can even make new traditions, but if you are doing something relatively uncommon in the past couple of generations, you are probably not following tradition. Still OK - just not traditional.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I don't like tradition because it forces people to adopt a specific lifestyle, whether they want to or not. Maximal freedom can only be accomplished by breaking social/traditional rules.

Btw @prplchknz 6w7 for your enneagram?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because they think it's cool to do so.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I don't like tradition because it forces people to adopt a specific lifestyle, whether they want to or not. Maximal freedom can only be accomplished by breaking social/traditional rules.
    I'm not talking about blindly following tradition

Btw @prplchknz 6w7 for your enneagram?
    hmm possibly. rationale?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I like them, I actually prefer simplesty in life. Like not having any piercings or tattoos, I don't over dress I just wear clothes. I just like being me, and have normal traditional thoughts. I enjoy family and friends, a simple dinner.

so why do people try so hard to be different? I want a quiet life, a good life, a dog/cat, friends, internet, and a decent job that's gonna put me in at least middle class.

what are they hiding from?
    E6's value traditions and an ordinary lifestyle. A lifestyle like described above would actually depress rather than fulfill me. Maybe it's just because I still have to experience how hard life could be without the support of family and home. However right now I want to live a life without any boundaries of my social circle and responsibilities. My dad was that way before he started to settle down.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't hate tradition, I just hate that tradition is the vehicle that keeps many an irrelevant idea from just dyeing off and making room for new ways. I hate any attitude that tradition is unquestionable. But tradition itself can be good.