• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts: Do you agree with these things?

L

LadyLazarus

I'm also an ambivert and I agree about half of that is a load of bull crap written by syphilis personified.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is ridiculous.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It's a sucky attitude. But

I don't care that much about birthdays.

I do listen to people.

I hate crowds.

I don't think I've ever been to a networking event.

I like most people while I'm talking to them. I usually find something about most people to like, even if I don't like them on the whole.

I'm not the best git'r done person in the world. If I have to do something, though, I do like to get it over with as quickly as possible without the risk of having to redo it later.

I like to write. I am better at it than talking.

I would think anyone would feel safe with the right people.

I don't have a lot of friends, irl. I mostly hang with my family, at least the ones I like.

I can extrovert up to a point and don't always mind.

I am sometimes shy and a bit uptight, but I usually don't mean to be rude.

I am more than okay alone.

Small talk is totally fine with me. If things go much past small talk, my weird will start to show and that's when things start to go wrong.

I am not God's gift to the human race. Nobody has to appreciate that I took time out of my busy internetting and werewolf smut reading to interact with them. Sheesh! Who thinks like that??

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some things apply, some things don't / are silly / I don't relate to at all. I think it's a lousy article/list -- some of those things listed have nothing to do with being introverted.

Octavarium

Quite a lot of it applies to me, but I think it applies better to INs, and especially INTs, than to ISs and/or IFs.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some things apply, some things don't / are silly / I don't relate to at all. I think it's a lousy article/list -- some of those things listed have nothing to do with being introverted.

I agree

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/15-things-that-introverts-would-never-tell-you.html

Found this article on Facebook. Since I'm an ambivert I can partially see myself in it, but how about you real introverts?

I identify with most of it and have spent half my life finding ways of dealing with it. For example, I don't try to look interested as you talk about your weekend. I actively seek ways to respond to what you're saying. I pick something out of the refuse of your dull, uninteresting weekend, or your trip to Alaska, or whatever. By the time you're finished with your spiel I'll be ready and waiting with something. You may or may not like what I have to say, but it's better than me standing there like a dummy with nothing to add.

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It makes us squirm when a random office person cheerily volunteers that it happens to be their birthday

:huh:

We are of the mind that everyone has a right to privacy, and if you chose to spend it in a drunken stupor or beating down the door of your ex, then that is up to you.
We don’t judge

:rotfl:

projects, phone calls, emails, rough drafts and blueprints for world takeover

Translation: Be very afraid. :phantom:

We’re thinkers, and we relish conversations about big ideas, theories and ideals.

Translation: We're better than extroverts in every way. If you think you're better than most people, you're probably an introvert too!

Basically, this article does to introverts what popular culture did to:

-nerds
-hippies
-people who wear glasses out of necessity
-(insert race/nationality here)
-anyone who wore vintage clothing before it was vintage

I wonder when medical problems will become cool?

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What a truckload of infertile testicles.

Sentient Light

MBTI Type
INFP
I care about birthdays.. mine more than other people's.. I even like parties.. :D
I listen as people talk small talk, but I want to strangle them as they do. >.o
I love CERTAIN crowds. and I'm a definite introvert.
I like networking.
I have to admit that I'm more likely to ignore the majority of people, but I don't know if it's dislike or not.
I do know how to get stuff done, I write things down, like everything, I do feel safe with the right people, I do have friends that really like me. :)
Right now being an extrovert is the hardest thing I can imagine doing because it involves talking to people..
I might be a little shy.
I am okay alone.
I do make a choice to be with people.. :O

So yeah.. some of the points listed don't describe me at all..

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I highly doubt Maryann Reid did much research prior to composing that list, I'd be insulted if that list were featured on a real MSM news outlet.

Id suggest an alternate title similar to 15 Common Stereotypes Of Introversion.

G

Ginkgo

"We don’t care about your birthday."

False for me.
"We don’t need you to care about our birthday."

True for me.
"We are not really listening as you recount your weekend."

Depends. If it falls into the category of small talk then yes.
"We hate crowds."

Depends.
"We don’t really like networking events."

True for me
"We force ourselves to act like we like you."

True for me.
"We know how to get stuff done."

Not true enough for me.
"We like to write things out."

True for me.
"We feel safe with the right people."

True for me.
"We do have friends, who really like us."

True for me.
"We can do the extrovert thing, for a while."

True for me.
"We are not shy, rude or uptight."

Depends, in my case. But these are common misconceptions about introverts.
"We are okay alone."

Relatively true for me.
"We hate small talk."

True for me.
"We make a choice to be with you–appreciate it."

True for me.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I see these as more individual characteristics then personality characteristics.

Agree

We don’t need you to care about our birthday.
We hate crowds.
We know how to get stuff done.
We like to write things out. – more for record keeping
We feel safe with the right people.
We are not shy, rude or uptight. – I mimic, so if I’m rude it’s because you are
We are okay alone.
We make a choice to be with you–appreciate it.
We can do the extrovert thing, for a while.
We don’t really like networking events.

Disagree

We don’t care about your birthday.
We are not really listening as you recount your weekend.
We force ourselves to act like we like you.
We do have friends, who really like us. – maybe, maybe not, not something I ask people
We hate small talk.

Belle613

MBTI Type
INFP
I don’t really celebrate my birthday. I don’t like going to office birthday parties. I like to know what people did on the weekend if it is interesting. I hate crowds. I don’t know much about networking. I always try to be nice to everyone even if I don’t like someone. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.I like spending time alone. I like writing. I feel safe around the right people. I have friends, just not a lot of them. It takes time for me to have a friend. I act like an extrovert when I’m at work and I work with children. I definitely show what I think on my face, but I do consider myself shy. I don’t like small talk. It seems really hollow to me. I like introverts and extroverts. I think there is good to both types.