User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    yupp

if someone's so ugly that you puke, then maybe you should be nice about it (that's never happened and I've looked at some deformed as fuck people, that people go ewwww they're so ugly, and I'm like why do you care?)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

it's a continuum for me. i usually start at dropping hints and go more direct if i'm forced to. sometimes i get the feeling that a direct approach is needed right away, so i take it out of the gate. other times, if a person's not getting the hints and whatever point i'm trying to convey isn't that important to me, i might just drop it.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    it's a continuum for me. i usually start at dropping hints and go more direct if i'm forced to. sometimes i get the feeling that a direct approach is needed right away, so i take it out of the gate. other times, if a person's not getting the hints and whatever point i'm trying to convey isn't that important to me, i might just drop it.
    I get so annoyed when people drop hints, it's like just tell me what the problem is, because if you don't i might punch you, and maybe I might still if you tell me
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I get so annoyed when people drop hints, it's like just tell me what the problem is, because if you don't i might punch you, and maybe I might still if you tell me
    oh if there's a real problem, i'm good at being direct right away. i'm not gonna try to mess around.

but let's say you're visiting me at my house and i want to go to sleep. i might make a comment about how i'm really tired, start to kind of zone out or get cozy, and hope you get the hint before i say "well i'm gonna go to sleep now. thanks for coming by." or something. also, once i say that, you'll have noticed those signs maybe and the kickout won't seem so abrupt.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    oh if there's a real problem, i'm good at being direct right away. i'm not gonna try to mess around.

but let's say you're visiting me at my house and i want to go to sleep. i might make a comment about how i'm really tired, start to kind of zone out or get cozy, and hope you get the hint before i say "well i'm gonna go to sleep now. thanks for coming by." or something. also, once i say that, you'll have noticed those signs maybe and the kickout won't seem so abrupt.
    I just say "I'm going to bed, I have to get up at x time"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Well see the thing about people is, they're not all like you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Of course Americans think rudeness is a sign of sincerity, and since sincerity is their highest virtue, they say, once you can fake sincerity in America you've got it made.

But they seem to forget that sincerity begins with sin.
    I was in Taiwan being an American at this party with some Canadians and this other American was like, you're from the U.S. aren't you? How did you know? "Americans are way more brash"

And it's true, a lot of us are. We're literally the most powerful country in the world. We must win the most gold medals at the Olympics (we don't always) and have a collective arrogance. On top of being isolated geographically from other countries, it doesn't help our cultural sensitivities.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I never got that. I mean i get aspects of them are different, but they're still similar
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

garbage

@Antisocial one relayed back in the day that his culture is insanely direct, that they would run circles around Americans in that respect.

(And then bluntly tell them that they were running circles around them? Running circles rather than dancing circles? I dunno, someone should do something with that.)

It was an interesting read. Too bad I forgot everything about it, including his country. Oops.

I always find this, in contrast, also interesting: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taarof