Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    third person
    ha. got me.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    ha. got me.
    yeah, it's ok, just tell your future self not to beat me, please and thank you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    there's also the "Have you considered ___?" trick, but I only know that one because someone taught me
    This right here is the best 'bang for the buck,' the lowest hanging fruit.

It's pretty much just stating the thing you want to state but putting a question mark at the end. 1% more effort, 100% more palatable.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post

It's pretty much just stating the thing you want to state but putting a question mark at the end. 1% more effort, 100% more palatable.
    yeah I should try that
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    And I get annoyed when people expect me to take one. It gets tiresome trying to figure out what someone means when they won't just come out and say it. I actually find this kind of pussyfooting around rather disrespectful. People who use it are either trying to be manipulative, or underestimating my ability to handle a direct statement.
    I think it depends on the situation for me. Like I said, I find it kind of fun when someone quick witted can keep up. I can read people's thought patterns irl pretty quickly though...so I don't do this with everyone, if I don't think I have to.

The more comfortable I am with a person the easier it is. To me it's almost like having inside jokes with certain people. Is this manipulative? Maybe. Is this disrespectful? To certain people, possibly. But I don't think that it's underestimating you in particular. Why? Because the problem is, most people arn't like you. They don't want the truth, or the straightforward answer that I'm ready to give. So I try buffer this natural response of mine.

I mean, ideally I would love to be open and direct with everyone with out them taking every little word personally. But I'm a 6w7, and unfortunately, care about support from other people (the ones that I am close to.) So I am a little more flexible in that regards. I'm willing to play, and even understand the game...to an extent (I agree it can get tiresome sometimes...but that's when I just become more direct. I just like to leave my options open as well...)

I can formulate an example that would be more concrete, and that wont leave anyone guessing what I mean, I just need time.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My ENFJ likes - Can I make a suggestion? It's cute.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes. ENFJs like cute things.

I guess if you find truth in it, spread it around.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I find direct communication works really well for picking up chicks at bars.

I just go up to one I think is attractive and say, "Hello. I was noticing your ass in those pants and it kind of turned me on. I'd like to buy you a drink or 2 so you're nice and suggestive. I would then like to have a conversation with you with some witty back and forth banter to build up rapport so that you begin to feel attraction and comfort with me. Then, once you feel comfortable and/or drunk enough, I think we should go back to my place for sexual intercourse."

Works everytime.

Americans think being direct is a sign of good character, while the rest of us think it is being rude.

I remember the President of the USA telling us that he looked the President of Russian directly in the eye and Putin looked him directly back. And then the President, George Bush II, told us he could trust the direct Putin.

Of course Americans think rudeness is a sign of sincerity, and since sincerity is their highest virtue, they say, once you can fake sincerity in America you've got it made.

But they seem to forget that sincerity begins with sin.