User Tag List

12 Last

LadyLazarus

Default Why is it that...

... some people who have been bullied become bullies themselves?

I was a victim of bullying myself when I was younger like many others, and as such I don't understand at all how after going through something like that a victim could/would want to inflict what they went through on someone else.

It's not fair nor is it that person's fault or price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    ... some people who have been bullied become bullies themselves?

I was a victim of bullying myself when I was younger like many others, and as such I don't understand at all how after going through something like that a victim could/would want to inflict what they went through on someone else.

It's not fair nor is it that person's fault or price to pay.
    Those to whom evil is done do evil in return.

Psychologically we can become imprinted with evil without it passing through our conscious mind and without our evaluating it and without accepting or rejecting it. So we take evil for granted. So we take evil into our body and when meet the same circumstance we naturally act out our evil.

We only have to look around Typology Central to see many of us acting out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Maybe this story that I heard years ago will answer this question of yours, sister:

There were two brothers - one of them grew up to become an alcoholic, while the other became a successful businessman. Whenever people asked the first brother how he became an alcoholic, he replied, "My dad was an alcoholic."
    When the second brother was asked how he became a businessman, he smiled sadly and replied, "My dad was an alcoholic."

Sometimes it's simply human nature, and not just the environment that one deals with over the years. How you decide to handle these challenges is up to you. If only I had reminded my younger self about it in my high school years...
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Maybe they are so desperate to never be in the position of the victim again that they exert power over others so that they can ensure that this never happens again?

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Maybe this story that I heard years ago will answer this question of yours, sister:

There were two brothers - one of them grew up to become an alcoholic, while the other became a successful businessman. Whenever people asked the first brother how he became an alcoholic, he replied, "My dad was an alcoholic."
    When the second brother was asked how he became a businessman, he smiled sadly and replied, "My dad was an alcoholic."

Sometimes it's simply human nature, and not just the environment that one deals with over the years. How you decide to handle these challenges is up to you. If only I had reminded my younger self about it in my high school years...
    Wow, interesting story, it actually serves to illustrate the two paths a "victim" may take very well.
    I think overall, it may not so much be solely human nature but the make up of an individual's character.

I feel like I'm the sort of person who doesn't want to intentionally hurt others when unprovoked, yeah sometimes I mess up and do so on accident, but overall it's not usually in my nature to do so, I believe this is why I've never felt the need to inflict what I went through on other people.

Maybe someone of an opposite temperament would be more susceptible to wanting to hurt others?

Yes I agree I think it's mostly up to how you handle these sort of things in the end.

Hey at least you know now, live and learn.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Freesia View Post
    Maybe they are so desperate to never be in the position of the victim again that they exert power over others so that they can ensure that this never happens again?
    Hmm I've never thought of it that way, interesting take on it.

I suppose it could very well be a defense mechanism/act of desperation.

Perhaps the most important thing abour acting out evil is that it is unconscious.

That is why Sigmund Freud told us to make the unconscious, conscious.

And it is conspicuous that Carl Jung betrayed Sigmund Freud by typing us rather than making the unconscious, conscious.

And it is telling that so many here routinely mock and disparage Sigmund Freud, following in the footsteps of Carl Jung.

WALMART

I believe people are conduits of their experience. One inexperienced (in mind) simply radiate what has been imprinted without any particularly conflicting points of reference.

It is when experience begins scaffolding to itself does consideration come into play. One experienced in only pain and suffering...

Do you feel you have seen love and goodness in the world? This recognition could be the cause of disparity.

I think, that many people who was victims of bullying can't develope their own self confidence, or sense of self worth and they try to build these attributes on other people. They might be harsh, or offensive out of fear of being bullied, or rejected again and they also might dishonor others out of sense of seem to feel better than them, to create an illusion, that they have selfconfidence.

MBTI
    yupp

i can be kinda mean to people, but my motivation is, it hurts and I don't want to hear it but then I realize they're right, and I'm lending a service to others. It doesn't appear nice. But it's like when all you've ever had is a scraped knee that's the worse feeling in the world to you, but lets say you get shot the scrape knee is all of a sudden nothing to complain about, because you just got shot. Now as time goes on you'll forget about how about the gunshot wound was and begin complaining about a scrape knee again. So you have to remind them, that there is worse things in life and to stop being so sensitive and emotional
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so