User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default losing touch with colorful emotions

so I was sitting in mcdonalds listenig to "time of my life" when I had a flashback of highschool dances.

There was a broad spectrum of powerful and exciting emotions I used to feel in those days. I dont feel them anymore.

Do you think these emotions would all come back to me after I found someone who excited me? Or were those just teenage hormones? I get kind of depressed thinking about how little I actually feel these days. It seems my life is just finding things to do in between feeling awesome and being terrified because of some perilous endeavor Ive thrown myself into. I seem to look down on nearly all women and have very little interest in anyone anymore.

LadyLazarus

I'm not a fucking psychologist or anything, but kind of sounds like a small bout of depression, maybe you just need to look inside yourself and figure out what's got you feeling this way.I think 8's kind of have a problem with that, from what I've heard they're not very aware of their own feelings.

I don't think finding someone would be the answer, if you're not happy or whatever by yourself you won't be happy with someone else either.

I think you're probably just in an emotional slump, have you been denying your emotions in any way lately?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    I'm not a fucking psychologist or anything, but kind of sounds like a small bout of depression, maybe you just need to look inside yourself and figure out what's got you feeling this way.I think 8's kind of have a problem with that, from what I've heard they're not very aware of their own feelings.

I don't think finding someone would be the answer, if you're not happy or whatever by yourself you won't be happy with someone else either.

I think you're probably just in an emotional slump, have you been denying your emotions in any way lately?

hmm, I bet Youre right. been in one for quite a while though. my emotions are generally dimmer than most people on the daily.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm relieved not to be that way anymore. You couldn't pay me to go back to any age before thirty.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    hmm, I bet Youre right. been in one for quite a while though. my emotions are generally dimmer than most people on the daily.
    Maybe you should try putting yourself in situations that are emotionally uncomfortable for you, often times our deepest emotions are the ones we try the hardest to avoid.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm 30 and I still have some very colorful emotions. They are just a bit more... complicated. I don't know if this is just me, but when I feel shut out of feeling emotions it usually means I'm stressed or depressed.
    4w5 sp/sx EII