• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

losing touch with colorful emotions

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
so I was sitting in mcdonalds listenig to "time of my life" when I had a flashback of highschool dances.

There was a broad spectrum of powerful and exciting emotions I used to feel in those days. I dont feel them anymore.

Do you think these emotions would all come back to me after I found someone who excited me? Or were those just teenage hormones? I get kind of depressed thinking about how little I actually feel these days. It seems my life is just finding things to do in between feeling awesome and being terrified because of some perilous endeavor Ive thrown myself into. I seem to look down on nearly all women and have very little interest in anyone anymore.

L

LadyLazarus

I'm not a fucking psychologist or anything, but kind of sounds like a small bout of depression, maybe you just need to look inside yourself and figure out what's got you feeling this way.I think 8's kind of have a problem with that, from what I've heard they're not very aware of their own feelings.

I don't think finding someone would be the answer, if you're not happy or whatever by yourself you won't be happy with someone else either.

I think you're probably just in an emotional slump, have you been denying your emotions in any way lately?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not a fucking psychologist or anything, but kind of sounds like a small bout of depression, maybe you just need to look inside yourself and figure out what's got you feeling this way.I think 8's kind of have a problem with that, from what I've heard they're not very aware of their own feelings.

I don't think finding someone would be the answer, if you're not happy or whatever by yourself you won't be happy with someone else either.

I think you're probably just in an emotional slump, have you been denying your emotions in any way lately?

hmm, I bet Youre right. been in one for quite a while though. my emotions are generally dimmer than most people on the daily.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm relieved not to be that way anymore. You couldn't pay me to go back to any age before thirty.

L

LadyLazarus

hmm, I bet Youre right. been in one for quite a while though. my emotions are generally dimmer than most people on the daily.

Maybe you should try putting yourself in situations that are emotionally uncomfortable for you, often times our deepest emotions are the ones we try the hardest to avoid.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm 30 and I still have some very colorful emotions. They are just a bit more... complicated. I don't know if this is just me, but when I feel shut out of feeling emotions it usually means I'm stressed or depressed.