• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What age/stage in life do you consider adulthood?

yeghor

[MENTION=21139]Aleria[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] I like the graphics. I think one of them crossed my dashboard on tumblr the other day

Thanks...Wish I knew it in my teens... :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
past college.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahhh.

Oh wow.

Sorry. *wipes tear*

For everyone else 28, for me, never.

Mole

Permabanned
We are mature when we can have reciprocal relationships and good reality contact.

If this is true, there are so many of us who are not mature.

So some think there is a cultural imperative to keep us immature so we can be more easily controlled.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I'm seeing a few different "adulthood" points in my life. First would be legal adulthood at 18... and the semi-independence of college, since I was still mostly supported by my parents. Then college graduation at 22 and entering the "real world". Getting my own place and becoming financially independent shortly thereater. And then I'm looking forward to finishing school and starting a career, and hopefully getting married and having children. Maybe it's less some clear dividing line and more like milestones along a winding, sometimes looping path.

I do like the new term "Emerging Adulthood" that has arisen in life development/psychology fields to describe the post-adolescent, pre-independent person, usually encompassing 18-25 but could easily last into the early 30s.

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
I think adulthood is a hoax.
Childhood is a hoax.
Obsessively segregating people into age groups since birth is bad jubjub.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I will ever reach adulthood. I feel like there will always be things I am too young to understand. I'm very childlike in many ways and I just don't see myself ever catching up. I'm really unsure how I'd define adulthood. When I was a kid I thought adulthood meant you knew the answer to everything...lol.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I might know once my frontal cortex develops...

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Adulthood is when you start drinking red wine because you actually like it and not just because you want to appear smart or intellectual. I don't think I'll ever become an adult, I can't imagine growing to like wine, let alone RED wine.

G

garbage

We're extending adolescence further and further out. People are getting married later and later, undergrad has become the new high school, etc.

It's mostly a good thing. More time for a holistic development before we get shoved out into the world.
Adulthood is when you start drinking red wine because you actually like it and not just because you want to appear smart or intellectual. I don't think I'll ever become an adult, I can't imagine growing to like wine, let alone RED wine.
Red wine rules.

is erm uh

what I'd say if I were old

:cry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say between 17-27 depending on the person

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would imagine it's something one just feels at a certain point. I'm 17 and definitely still a child--legally and nonlegally. I feel like my definition of being a child is sitting on the ground in the middle of a store because your mom is shopping and you're bored and tired and now you're lying down, but no one really cares because children can do whatever they want and it's not weird.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
We're extending adolescence further and further out. People are getting married later and later, undergrad has become the new high school, etc.

It's mostly a good thing. More time for a holistic development before we get shoved out into the world.
Red wine rules.

is erm uh

what I'd say if I were old

:cry:
red wine and whiskey are my weakness

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 20 and don't feel like an adult yet. Adulthood seems to be about responsibilities and role modeling but I don't really have either of those besides some commitment to music, work and study. I pay for board so it feels like I'm flatting to a certain degree but that's about it. Yep. :S

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I was an adult at age 15 and Ive been getting younger ever since.

badger055

Permabanned
Pretty sure I'm a permanent 12 year old. I don't think 7s ever really age. I'm 26 and not above laughing at poop jokes.

Although I guess on the outside my persona becomes more dominant with age/experience.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see adulthood as reaching puberty.
So I guess there is immature adulthood and mature adulthood.
There are 20 year olds more mature than 40 year olds.
But adulthood in general is once you can procreate. If you can be someone's mother or father- you are an adult. Even if you are immature.