• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you communicate with a hidden agenda

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so I was thinking people often think I have this hidden agenda when I don't. So i figure if I say stuff that hides what i actually want to say, they would finally get what i'm saying. Since they're trying to read into what i'm saying, so if I say something and mean something completely different, then I'll be understood.

basically I tend to be very direct, don't hide stuff, if I say something, there's really not much more to it. but people think there is.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
I used to think you were a bit of a snark but now i realized that you

tend to be very direct, don't hide stuff, if I say something, there's really not much me to it.

which is something i like about you

:hifive:
DDefinitely the most unINFP INFP ive ever come into contact, thats for sure

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I used to think you were a bit of a snark but now i realized that you

which is something i like about you

:hifive:

yeah, that's why i got frustrated with you are first few interactions, because you kept accusing me of stuff. and me being like what? no

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] yea...

ugh I just got an infraction for the bra thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Meaning my thread wasnt ill intentioned, but people took it the wrong way and so now i have another infraction added to my collection

yeah that happens a lot on here, luckily i've been around enough that enough people know that when I say stuff it's not to get a reaction or to be controversial

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Alright.

*Sticks head out the door*

"Dad some chickenz on the computer want you to teacher her how to manipulate people!"
I don't want to manipulate. I want them to actually get what I'm saying, and if I have to hide it behind something else to do. I'm just playing the game. that's all no harm meant.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So i figure if I say stuff that hides what i actually want to say, they would finally get what i'm saying.

What if they figure it out but decide there are more layers? They might tell themselves, "Maybe prplchknz secretly meant this. No, that's too easy. She's really saying this!"

It's like Russian nesting dolls, only with messages instead of dolls. If someone wants to read things into what you say, that's just what they're going to do.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What if they figure it out but decide there are more layers? They might tell themselves, "Maybe prplchknz secretly meant this. No, that's too easy. She's really saying this!"

It's like Russian nesting dolls, only with messages instead of dolls. If someone wants to read things into what you say, that's just what they're going to do.

well i wished they stop.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

I beg to differ on the unINFP part! (please may I?). Anyway, I think prpl just reveals the inside of the INFP mind in a very direct and clear way. My own personal INFP agrees with this. It is true that some other INFPs maybe don't reveal the inner INFP so publicly/openly, but knowing an INFP intimately may give me a different vantage point. For me, reading prpl's stuff is it's like seeing these little unadulterated squirts of concentrated INFP-ness. Lots of Fi+Ne.
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION], about your OP and topic, I don't know. Why try to be someone you're not?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I beg to differ on the unINFP part! (please may I?). Anyway, I think prpl just reveals the inside of the INFP mind in a very direct and clear way. My own personal INFP agrees with this. It is true that some other INFPs maybe don't reveal the inner INFP so publicly/openly, but knowing an INFP intimately may give me a different vantage point. For me, reading prpl's stuff is it's like seeing these little unadulterated squirts of concentrated INFP-ness. Lots of Fi+Ne.

[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION], about your OP and topic, I don't know. Why try to be someone you're not?

I just want for people to quit misreading me and telling me i'm doing something i'm not.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram

Well, if thats the case I would suggest INFPs be more expressive about their thoughts and feelings because i find alot of things prpl says interesting and thought provoking

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I just want for people to quit misreading me and telling me i'm doing something i'm not.

Yeah, I do hear you (was adding an eta on this part when your reply came up).

*sigh* I just don't know that adding functional deception in there (even for the best of reasons and not for harm) will assist - or if it does, at what cost.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, if thats the case I would suggest INFPs be more expressive about their thoughts and feelings because i find alot of things prpl says interesting and thought provoking
everyone's insecure and think people care more about them then they do. think about it how much time do you spend really analyzing the way someone walks when crossing the street?