User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Yeah, I do hear you (was adding an eta on this part when your reply came up).

*sigh* I just don't know that adding functional deception in there (even for the best of reasons and not for harm) will assist - or if it does, at what cost.
    it's frustrating, I had a problem in my make up thread earlier. and it frustrates me, cuz it happens constantly.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    Well, if thats the case I would suggest INFPs be more expressive about their thoughts and feelings because i find alot of things prpl says interesting and thought provoking
    Seconded. But introverts can be pretty guarded about the inner world, and INFPs are probably no exception. I think it's a rare gift when someone doesn't do this in such a public context. Many people who know my partner as an acquaintance or co-worker would be very surprised at what's inside there. And the unfettered Fi-Ne flow that prpl shares here is pretty awesome IMO.

MBTI
    yupp

Seconded. But introverts can be pretty guarded about the inner world, and INFPs are probably no exception. I think it's a rare gift when someone doesn't do this in such a public context. Many people who know my partner as an acquaintance or co-worker would be very surprised at what's inside there. And the unfettered Fi-Ne flow that prpl shares here is pretty awesome IMO.
    stahp! my ego's getting too inflated
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

I think we may have unconsciously started a prpl fanclub haha

haha keep doing you @prplchknz thats all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    I think we may have unconsciously started a prpl fanclub haha

haha keep doing you @prplchknz thats all
    I dunno if i can accept having a fan club. you'd think it make me feel good, but in reality i feel like i'm being deceptive by simply having a fan club
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's frustrating, I had a problem in my make up thread earlier. and it frustrates me, cuz it happens constantly.
    I just did a search for your makeup thread and the first comment I saw displaying this was this one which I followed back and forward.

I know you say the situation happens to you a lot, but I can say this on that example: I have had various interactions with that particular individual, and in my assessment, he's speaking from his (considerable) internal distortions, and not about you in any real way. In that exchange, it seems to me he's positioning you as a stand-in for whatever he's dealing with in his own little script related to the dynamic, not an actual person in your own right. I'm not really sure how to avoid being cast in other people's scripts like that, other than ignoring them when they start running that crap.

eta: and wow, I just found this comment in that interchange. Whoa. Just whoa. Seriously and quite clearly IMO about the other person's issues, and so very much not about you or what you said.

And I do see that someone answered that interchange with:

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Prlpls is probably the absolute last person to have an agenda. Shes pretty much the most visible on the forum.
    But - prpl, you say this happens to you constantly. Do you have other examples you would link to that aren't with that particular person (yeghor) - if so would you post them? I wonder if you just end up getting cast in other people's scripts a lot or if something else is going on.

stahp! my ego's getting too inflated
    Uh-oh. Nothing worse than an INFP with an inflated ego. I will try to stop.

EASY!

Either you are just naturally direct in speech, which makes people skeptical of your motives,

Or naturally indirect in speech, which makes people skeptical of your motives.

Generally, people are skeptical of others motives, no matter how honest or direct the person is.

I think this thread is more or less related to me so I'll intervene...

Werebudgie, I know you are speaking your mind but your anger towards me seeps into it...like in the bolded parts...Anyone interpreting your words thru their own system of understanding is reduced to the status of an idiot if their interpretation does not turn out to match yours....So stop the devaluing\belittling thing...

-----------------

@prplchknz, you did not mention in your OP anything about a "no make-up" thread but this:

since you get to see girls without make up, it's only fair we get to see you with makeup
    Mind your use of the present tense but not the past tense (i.e. no referral to a past thread but to a general concept)...You were referring to a general case not to a past thread, and was connecting the issue to a perceived (but wrong IMO) fairness in your mind...

Then you got all sullen when I addressed it, and then you made the belowgiven comment, which I find offending as well as hysterical (though you may not be aware of it):

The crucial point here is the word "willing"...I shouldn't have to let go of my privacy so as to prove my "willingness" or self-confidence...Cause willingness has to come first not last...it's not an end-product but a pre-requisite...

-------------------

Presence of Fi doesn't match with what she claims about her being direct when she inadvertantly offends people...I believe it's due to low F in particular...Not even remotely close to an INFP....

-------------------

@prplchknz I think you are not uncaring but unaware that the way you word things come across as offensive...I still think you are an INTP...

• They may be extremely caustic and insulting to others.
    • They may unknowingly or uncaringly hurt people's feelings.
    • They may be completely unaware of how to express their inner world to others in a meaningful way.
    • They may be completely unaware of the type of communication that is often desireable and (to some degree) expected in an intimate relationship. If they are aware of the kinds of things that are appropriate to say and do to foster emotional bonding, they may be unable to appreciate the value of such actions. They may feel too vulnerable to express themselves in this fashion, and so reject the entire idea.
    • Under stress, they may show intense emotions that seem disproportionate to the situation. (Such as your post that I found offensive and hysterical...)
    • They may not recognize basic social principles, such as appropriate dress and general behavior.

Edit: You are lacking F (or some other) filter, hence your thoughts are coming out unfiltered in a raw form...It doesn't make them any less offending though...

--------------------

@Werebudgie @prplchknz

If this thread's gonna turn into yeghor-bashing please do carry it onto private messaging or address me directly... Let me warn you that I'll report any futher post that I deem to be personally belittling\degrading in any case...
    Last edited by yeghor; 03-16-2014 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Edit

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think this thread is more or less related to me so I'll intervene...

Werebudgie, I know you are speaking your mind but your anger towards me seeps into it...like in the bolded parts...Anyone interpreting your words thru their own system of understanding is reduced to the status of an idiot if their interpretation does not turn out to match yours....So stop the devaluing\belittling thing...

-----------------

@prplchknz, you did not mention in your OP anything about a "no make-up" thread but this:

Mind your use of the present tense but not the past tense (i.e. no referral to a past thread but to a general concept)...You were referring to a general case not to a past thread, and was connecting the issue to a perceived (but wrong IMO) fairness in your mind...

Then you got all sullen when I addressed it, and then you made the belowgiven comment, which I find offending as well as hysterical (though you may not be aware of it):

The crucial point here is the word "willing"...I shouldn't have to let go of my privacy so as to prove my "willingness" or self-confidence...Cause willingness has to come first not last...it's not an end-product but a pre-requisite...

-------------------

Presence of Fi doesn't match with what she claims about her being direct when she inadvertantly offends people...I believe it's due to low F in particular...Not even remotely close to an INFP....

-------------------

@prplchknz I think you are not uncaring but unaware that the way you word things come across as offensive...I still think you are an INTP...

• They may be extremely caustic and insulting to others.
    • They may unknowingly or uncaringly hurt people's feelings.
    • They may be completely unaware of how to express their inner world to others in a meaningful way.
    • They may be completely unaware of the type of communication that is often desireable and (to some degree) expected in an intimate relationship. If they are aware of the kinds of things that are appropriate to say and do to foster emotional bonding, they may be unable to appreciate the value of such actions. They may feel too vulnerable to express themselves in this fashion, and so reject the entire idea.
    • Under stress, they may show intense emotions that seem disproportionate to the situation. (Such as your post that I found offensive and hysterical...)
    • They may not recognize basic social principles, such as appropriate dress and general behavior.

Edit: You are lacking F (or some other) filter, hence your thoughts are coming out unfiltered in a raw form...It doesn't make them any less offending though...

--------------------

@Werebudgie @prplchknz

If this thread's gonna turn into yeghor-bashing please do carry it onto private messaging or address me directly... Let me warn you that I'll report any futher post that I deem to be personally belittling\degrading in any case...
    it was never gonna become a yeghor bashing thread, you really aren't that important. it was just an example I used, because it was the most recent one
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

I just did a search for your makeup thread and the first comment I saw displaying this was this one which I followed back and forward.

I know you say the situation happens to you a lot, but I can say this on that example: I have had various interactions with that particular individual, and in my assessment, he's speaking from his (considerable) internal distortions, and not about you in any real way. In that exchange, it seems to me he's positioning you as a stand-in for whatever he's dealing with in his own little script related to the dynamic, not an actual person in your own right. I'm not really sure how to avoid being cast in other people's scripts like that, other than ignoring them when they start running that crap.

eta: and wow, I just found this comment in that interchange. Whoa. Just whoa. Seriously and quite clearly IMO about the other person's issues, and so very much not about you or what you said.

And I do see that someone answered that interchange with:

But - prpl, you say this happens to you constantly. Do you have other examples you would link to that aren't with that particular person (yeghor) - if so would you post them? I wonder if you just end up getting cast in other people's scripts a lot or if something else is going on.

Uh-oh. Nothing worse than an INFP with an inflated ego. I will try to stop.
    Most of them have been deleted, because as I'm trying to clarify the person gets angrier and the thread explodes and they get deleted.but i'll look around in the graveyard

I do have a real life example I'll try to get it as close as possible, but i know it's not the same as on here
    me:you know, I would be just as happy staying at home learning russian and playing final fantasy
    friend: oh so you'd rather be at home then hang out with me?
    me: no I'm saying that I'd like both equally
    friend: if you want i can drop you off
    me: No I'd be happy either way. I'm happy hanging out with you, but I'd also be happy if we didn't hang out
    friend: what are you saying?
    me: That I would be happy in the same situation
    friend: oh you're saying that you would have had a good day either way?
    me: yes

I think the only reason why she didn't get super pissed is because she knows me and knows that has happened to me in the past.

oh and I don't want to make a new thread so I'm gonna ask this here: how do you tell if you're just extremely angry at someone or if you actually hate them?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all