• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Relationship b/w Anger & Sadness

freebird

MBTI Type
INTP
I may not be typical in this, but I find I don't get angry very often at all. My dad (INTJ) is the same way. He said he can't even remember the last time he got angry and I don't think I can ever recall him yelling or even raising his voice at someone.

For me, I'm much more inclined to become frustrated and/or sad. If I've been let down by someone, I might get sad that I held onto the expectation that they would come through in the given situation and that. I might get frustrated with myself that I let myself hope for it. Almost always the emotion is turned inward. Even on a global scale, when I feel helpless to make a difference or I feel that humans are blind to so much, I tend to react in sadness. Maybe some individuals are more prone to react in anger (turning emotion outward?) Maybe I've just had the example of my dad to shape my responses. I also find I'm more likely to react to disappointments with sadness if I'm tired and with frustration if I'm not. Though usually in a well rested state, I'm neither.