7 21.21%
  • Beauty

5 15.15%
  • Love

16 48.48%
First 56789 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Power is fragile, changeable, impermanent. It fades or gets overthrown. It's a deception.

Intelligence is only the capacity to learn, not necessarily the wisdom to know what to do with the knowledge once you've gained it. It is only as good as the amount of wisdom that accompanies it. Intelligence does not equate to wisdom and understanding. Without these, intelligence is empty.

Beauty is objective and it's fleeting. Everybody gets old or else dies young, so either way, the beauty fades [not referring to inner beauty or beauty of nature here though]

Love...not romance...what the Greeks referred to as Eros...but rather brotherly love and/or agape love...never fails and even death can't annul its affects.

So, if I had to choose just one...I'd choose love. But I would rather say...

....seek truth, gain wisdom, nurture understanding and live according to the principles of brotherly love...treat others the way you wish they would treat you, and then power won't seem like such an issue and intelligence will be recognized in all of its forms.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    When I was a little boy, my father told me we had a large and powerful friend across the Pacific. I said, America? And he said, Canada.

We have always got on well with the Canadians but recently we have decided to have closer relations with Canada.
    In World War One, the most successful allied commanders were Canadian and Australian, because they actually cared about their soldiers lives.

And there were none that the enemy more greatly feared than the Canadians and the Australians.

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

I forgot to mention that my analyses are only free for the first 30 patients. Starting from Mole, i will have to begin charging. In other words you can get your reading for a fee.

Carry on.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    If that was true then we would all be ruled by INTPs. Instead they are highly payed bug collectors.
    Eh...

I once heard an INTP say that she has all this anger and wants to rule the world, but then she remembers she is lazy.

So while yes, INTP's are highly intelligent, do they all really care about that kind of power? Even the INTP E8 I know doesn't. lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    I forgot to mention that my analyses are only free for the first 30 patients. Starting from Mole, i will have to begin charging. In other words you can get your reading for a fee.

Carry on.
    I'll just have to post without asking for a reading. I'm a miser like that.

The choice we make is naturally going to come out of what we like, what appeals to us, what we're attracted to, and so on. But I also note that the assumption in many of our posts--and I thought this way at first--is that we're talking about a key trait in a partner, which isn't explicitly mentioned. Food for thought.

If I had to constrain myself to the rules for a bit and choose one of the four, I'd choose Intelligence--the ability to navigate the world around us is key. But if I could break out of the box a bit, Wisdom would be a better fit. It's kind of cheating, though, because many other traits, including some of those you mentioned, flow from it (to varying degrees).

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i'd like to change my response to:
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post

I think @five sounds gets it

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post

Carry on.
    Ozones wants money, as money begets power. And Ozones wants to experience all the sensory pleasure that money can provide.

You should start looking for substance, Ozones.