5 15.15%
  • Inteligence

7 21.21%
  • Beauty

5 15.15%
  • Love

16 48.48%
First 45678 Last

This thread gives surprising revelations of character.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This thread gives surprising revelations of character.
    What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    What are your thoughts?
    It won't surprise you to know that I follow the dictum, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, which leads me to support liberal democracy based on the limitation of power.

As well, as an Australian, I have inherited from the British aristocracy the jealousy of power, in that we routinely cut down tall poppies.

Our sense of humour is deprecatory, and not just self deprecatory. And this serves to deflate the sense of importance conferred by power.

So we have a tragic view of life - in that we recognise the natural love of power is limited by liberal democracy.

So the Australian view is essentially tragic, in the same sense as an Ancient Greek Tragic play.

We see life is inevitably tragic. Quite unlike the Americans.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree, but hardly find it unfortunate.
    I find it unfortunate because I know it's not everything. And it's what I default to. I would like to default to love...but I just innately don't.

One might as well ask, what is life without darkness? Night is, after all, the other half of day.
    Ah ha but see...night is only the absence of light. Making light the only thing there is.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It won't surprise you to know that I follow the dictum, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, which leads me to support liberal democracy based on the limitation of power.

As well, as an Australian, I have inherited from the British aristocracy the jealousy of power, in that we routinely cut down tall poppies.

Our sense of humour is deprecatory, and not just self deprecatory. And this serves to deflate the sense of importance conferred by power.

So we have a tragic view of life - in that we recognise the natural love of power is limited by liberal democracy.

So the Australian view is essentially tragic, in the same sense as an Ancient Greek Tragic play.

We see life is inevitably tragic. Quite unlike the Americans.
    What do ya think of Canadians?

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    What do ya think of Canadians?
    When I was a little boy, my father told me we had a large and powerful friend across the Pacific. I said, America? And he said, Canada.

We have always got on well with the Canadians but recently we have decided to have closer relations with Canada.

Rogue heart

Powerful love for intellectual beauty?!

Beautiful love for powerful intellect?!

Intellectual love for powerful beauty?!

Dunno

Ok, I say power defined or understood as having the ability to influence the world around you, to act rather then just react to it, the power or ability to create, share and enjoy beauty, give and receive love and take up on intellectual endeavors. Furthermore I agree with the statement that power doesn't corrupt but rather it shows such inclinations, it reveals character, at the same time it can be perceived as the highest expression of freedom.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'd say I'm morally obligated to take power, but I'd rather take intelligence because it would be so fantastic to see how a real genius sees the world. Not to mention the experience would eludicate once and for all what makes a genius; I'd be able to compare before and after.

*edit*

Though this wouldn't be intelligence in every sort of area, right (say, emotional, social and cognitive and more nuanced levels between)? Because it'd be awful if I had nothing to learn from other people.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Just give me the beauty.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Unfortunately intelligence.

Reason being: knowledge is power.

So really, it's power.
    If that was true then we would all be ruled by INTPs. Instead they are highly payed bug collectors.