• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would YOU do?

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Say you're trying to park your car, but the spot is too tight. You notice there is someone in the car in front you, and that if he moved up a bit, you could fit into the spot. So you kindly walk up to him and ask him to lower his windows. He does.

You: "Sir, would you mind moving up a bit".
Guy in the car: "Why"?
You: "I'm trying to fit into a spot, but there's not enough room".
Guy in the car: "So? Just look for another spot".
You: "Sir, i would appreciate if you'd move up. It would be a big favor".
Guy in the car: Pauses for a second, seemingly thinking and says, "Hmmm, No".

How would you continue this interaction? How would you respond and what would your following actions be?

Write your MBTI and enneagram type

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I would think he was a douche, and I would go back to my car and look for another spot.

ESFJ, E6

gromit

likes this
I would think "there is a real asshole"... people like that you can't really do anything about...

e9 FP

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I would never ask someone to move unless it was the only parking spot left in the lot. Maybe not even then.

Edit: I feel like being unwilling to walk the length of a parking lot when needed is showing a lack of appreciation for my ability to do so.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
think about waiting til he left and key his car

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In would first say something like "really? I mean it's really easy to do, and I'm already right here. Why not?"

If he was still a jerk about it I'd say "ok whatever" and probably give him a look of disbelief before I drove off.

ENFP e7

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd give him a dirty look and go find another spot.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't have initiated the conversation to begin with. Not worth the effort. It would take less time to find another spot. More efficient.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would set myself on fire to draw attention to the injustice. :newwink:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would think he was a douche, and I would go back to my car and look for another spot.

^^ That.

INTP, 5w4 SX variant

I'd also amuse myself in my head with all the forms of revenge I could take but won't, although it would look awesome in a movie.

... however, as some others have said, I might not have even engaged him in the first place. In the past, I wouldn't have; today it could go either way. If I didn't engage, I'd just be swearing in my car about the moron who can't park within a single parking space.

I would set myself on fire to draw attention to the injustice. :newwink:

I'd help.

L

LadyLazarus

Come back later and slash that fucker's tires!:devil:

ISFP 4w3 sx/sp.

Last edited:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't talk to strangers.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Say you're trying to park your car, but the spot is too tight. You notice there is someone in the car in front you, and that if he moved up a bit, you could fit into the spot. So you kindly walk up to him and ask him to lower his windows. He does.

How would you continue this interaction? How would you respond and what would your following actions be?

i'd be the guy wondering why he didn't look for another spot in this...not the guy randomly disturbing people.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I suppose for me it would depend on the situation. How difficult is it to find a parking spot in the vicinity where I need to park? How urgent is the situation that I must park in this particular area? (Am I running late for something important? Someone in the hospital? That kind of urgent stuff.)

If it wasn't difficult or urgent, I would likely just find another spot without requesting the other person move their own vehicle. If it was difficult or urgent, I would kindly beg if they could please move their car and press upon their compassion to give a shit. I wouldn't hesitate to use female charm either if it was needed.

So, situational. Type under the avvy.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can hear my boyfriend on this one already. "Contact parking!" (ie where you just hit the other cars)

If the other guy is taking up two spaces, I'd probably just get the phone number of the parking service and report him. If he's not taking up two spaces, then I'd just chalk it up to an unfortunate situation and him feeling like an asshole today and I'd go find a bigger spot. I could probably use the exercise of walking further anyway. If I were really in a hurry I might offer the guy a few bucks to move.

ENFP 6w7

á´…eparted

passages
I wouldn't even approach him in the first place. I'd simply get another spot and be done with it even if it is far away. Not worth the hassel.

Though assuming I had to park there (such as an assigned spot), I'd explain the reasons in detail why I need to. If he still said no I'd tell him this is a matter of need amd I am sorry it is an intrusion to him but I am also intruded upon and I can't aolve it alone. If he still refused then I'd tell him "ok fine I am still parking here because I need to".

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If the situation was entirely my own I would not even bother walking up to him.

However if I did that exactly, I'd feel a little hurt (as I turn away my head instantly and move along, perhaps too quickly I'll trip over my step) and move to another parking spot. (maybe as far away from him as possible)

INFJ - 9w1 (enneagram type is unsure.)