User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default you know how they say living in the past causes depression living in the future cause

s anxiety? I was thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that this isn't always true, I'm constantly thinking about the future and I don't get anxious, and I simply use the past to learn from mistakes (my own and that of others). Living in the present gives me anxiety because I'm not planning for the future, and yes the future rarely works out the way we want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be dumb nuts and only worry about today. Because if we don't plan the future, the future is going to be worse, we can predict what's going to happen in the future. we can take steps to soften what bad is gong to be in the future. I've often been right wiith my predictions, which is one of the reasons I think one day I might be a prophet. Although there's no real proof, yet of that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

The anxiety part of the saying probably only really applies to Ni/Se types

I think the first part applies to Si/Ne types more as well actually, they seem to have struggles with their past while Ni/Se types can more easily move forward.
    The Si gets stuck on the past.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    s anxiety? I was thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that this isn't always true, I'm constantly thinking about the future and I don't get anxious, and I simply use the past to learn from mistakes (my own and that of others). Living in the present gives me anxiety because I'm not planning for the future, and yes the future rarely works out the way we want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be dumb nuts and only worry about today. Because if we don't plan the future, the future is going to be worse, we can predict what's going to happen in the future. we can take steps to soften what bad is gong to be in the future. I've often been right wiith my predictions, which is one of the reasons I think one day I might be a prophet. Although there's no real proof, yet of that.
    you said not planning the future gives you anxiety. this is because you are living in the future (the unknown) which is causing your urge to plan it (so you know it). get comfortable with the unknown aspects of life. if only I knew then what I know now is a moot point and planning a future is not living in the current circumstances, aware there is an unknown element ahead. know what I mean? ...
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

also. I would consider reconsidering the prophet career path. prophets never have a happy ending. and there is no glory in playing the martyr. It's typically just passive aggressive time bombs clouded in caring anyways. :p. Maybe occupational therapy? It pays a lot better and you can help a large array of clients from the elderly to children.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    also. I would consider reconsidering the prophet career path. prophets never have a happy ending. and there is no glory in playing the martyr. It's typically just passive aggressive time bombs clouded in caring anyways. :p. Maybe occupational therapy? It pays a lot better and you can help a large array of clients from the elderly to children.
    you do realize that prophets don't choose to be prophets?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If I lived in the past i would have to blow my brains out. I anxiously live in the future but try to live in the present.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Ginkgo

It seems like I'm at my best when I'm focused on "the next step"; it's like I'm right on the edge of the present moment.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Friend View Post
    I think the first part applies to Si/Ne types more as well actually, they seem to have struggles with their past while Ni/Se types can more easily move forward.
    The Si gets stuck on the past.
    Ha, not true.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    It seems like I'm at my best when I'm focused on "the next step"; it's like I'm right on the edge of the present moment.
    I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.
    How would you respond if someone told you that wasn't indicative of an XXXP type?