User Tag List

First 12345 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    no i'm not talking about favors, i'm talking about burittos and wanting a bite
    To me, that's a favor. If someone does something for you or gives you something (even if you asked) when they didn't have to, that's considered a favor.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    To me, that's a favor. If someone does something for you or gives you something (even if you asked) when they didn't have to, that's considered a favor.
    so wait, if you give me a bite of food, i have to at a later date give you a bite of food? what if you're hit by a bus, do I have to leave a bite of sandwich at your grave?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I can't speak for everyone, but I have not asked for many things I want. It's because I hate feeling like I am in anyone's debt. I like being in the black socially.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    so wait, if you give me a bite of food, i have to at a later date give you a bite of food?
    No, but if I ask you for a favor at a later date, you might feel more obliged because you ate my burrito. Btw, restaurants take advantage of this feeling of indebtedness by giving people mints. Restaurants that give mints get about a 10% increase in tips, because the patrons don't want to feel indebted to them.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so wait, if you give me a bite of food, i have to at a later date give you a bite of food? what if you're hit by a bus, do I have to leave a bite of sandwich at your grave?
    You're thinking about it far too formally. It's the possibility of indebtedness. Sure, most people who give you a bite of a burrito are going to forget it the next day. But you you can avoid the chance altogether by not having the bite.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    No, but if I ask you for a favor at a later date, you might feel more obliged because you ate my burrito. Btw, restaurants take advantage of this feeling of indebtedness by giving people mints. Restaurants that give mints get about a 10% increase in tips, because the patrons don't want to feel indebted to them.
    but i'm always willing to commit favors, if I like you. and if i asked for a bite of your burrito it means i like you, because i'm taking the time to spend time with you and talk to you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    You're thinking about it far too formally. It's the possibility of indebtedness. Sure, most people who give you a bite of a burrito are going to forget it the next day. But you you can avoid the chance altogether by not having the bite.
    but if i only want a bite, and i buy a whole burrito then i'll have to throw most of it out. i think i'll risk it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    For me, I have a lot of trouble asking people for things, and it's because I'm afraid of them saying no (quite irrational, I can't explain why I'm so afraid of hearing the word no) or out of fear that I'll just annoy them if I ask.
    If you don't ask, you are already telling yourself "no". Better to let the other person do it if it is going to happen; it's probably their job, after all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

OP, you ask people for things? Damn the cajones on this one

MBTI
    yupp

i'm confused. this whole thread is confusing. i give up. so i shouldn't ask for things?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all