User Tag List

First 3456 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Maybe not though. If you understand what is going on from the right (objective) perspective, you may feel at greater ease, seeing that the feelings of your ego are more of an obsolete reaction.

Hmm..

The introspection itself can be enough to detach.. You don't even have to try.. The introspection/new perspective does it for you.
    Most people have to work at it to be able to truly detach from the ego. The ego changes about, tells lies to self. It usually takes time and learning. There's a lot of pitfalls and self-delusion that can occur. i.e. "I am so holy, I have detached from my ego and I feel pity for the poor people who cannot be as ego detached as I am."

The ego can turn around on the desire to detach from it by suggesting to us that we've done enough and then we may even be obsessed with an exaggerated sense of self-importance over having detached from the very ego bent on glorifying us.

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno, I reckon it's all stuff that's pretty easy for an Fi primary to say... doesn't make it any less awesome though. Just kinda making it all sound so obvious when it totally isn't. Not to everyone.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I dunno, I reckon it's all stuff that's pretty easy for an Fi primary to say... doesn't make it any less awesome though. Just kinda making it all sound so obvious when it totally isn't. Not to everyone.
    but its valid
    sooooo..... what is your point ?
    I N V I C T U S

heart on fire

I think Fi primaries are as prone as anyone else to self-delusion or ego posession, maybe moreso when Te has not developed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Didn't say it wasn't valid. But it seemed that others were saying 'it' made the OP invalid.

My point: something that works for an Fi primary isn't necessarily the best thing to advise someone who has it as a much weaker function cos it's not a sustainable thing to do or requires gargantuan amounts of effort. Like telling a strong introvert that if they wanna feel better around people they should just go to loads of parties RIGHT NOW. So it needs to be approached from another angle. Maybe.

I dunno. You expect me to have a point after I just told how out of touch I am with my own feelings? Haha... Helloooooo Fi inferior! lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Didn't say it wasn't valid. But it seemed that others were saying 'it' made the OP invalid.

My point: something that works for an Fi primary isn't necessarily the best thing to advise someone who has it as a much weaker function cos it's not a sustainable thing to do or requires gargantuan amounts of effort. Like telling a strong introvert that if they wanna feel better around people they should just go to loads of parties RIGHT NOW. So it needs to be approached from another angle. Maybe.

I dunno. You expect me to have a point after I just told how out of touch I am with my own feelings? Haha... Helloooooo Fi inferior! lol
    that all sounds like something coming from a healthy ego
    even if you are not " in touch " with your emotions
    I N V I C T U S

heart on fire

Victor is an Fi tertiary, not inferior. He is Se inferior though so maybe sex does something to connect him with his inferior in a way it doesn't some other types.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Victor is an Fi tertiary, not inferior. He is Se inferior though so maybe sex does something to connect him with his inferior in a way it doesn't some other types.
    I think tertiary would qualify as 'much weaker' than primary

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Most people have to work at it to be able to truly detach from the ego. The ego changes about, tells lies to self. It usually takes time and learning. There's a lot of pitfalls and self-delusion that can occur. i.e. "I am so holy, I have detached from my ego and I feel pity for the poor people who cannot be as ego detached as I am."

The ego can turn around on the desire to detach from it by suggesting to us that we've done enough and then we may even be obsessed with an exaggerated sense of self-importance over having detached from the very ego bent on glorifying us.
    Oh, I am well aware (personally and intellectually) that this detachment it is extremely hard to accomplish. That is why Taoism & Buddhism exist. It is a lifetime struggle. What I was addressing was that it is not a denial of these emotions which one should seek, but rather an awareness, an observation of them, so that you have greater perspective.. and this perspective will aid your growth in the direction of genuine detachment.. The more experience you have with going through the motions of being subjected to the will of your ego, the more inclined you will be in the future to acknowledge and move forward before your ego even has a chance to get involved! Now, of course there are scenarios in which it is impossible and unadvisable to deny yourself feeling and emotional involvement... but I am really addressing the more miniscule, daily situations in which one need not be bothered by involvement.

This is a very abstract concept to me, and it's a bit hard to put into words..

heart on fire

I think tertiary would qualify as 'much weaker' than primary
    Yeah but some of those INTJ can be real softies inside.