User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Are you often a tease?
    LOL I am so definitely not teasing. Seriously, I've no intention of ever putting it back, so don't bother
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

heart on fire

Yeah, actually I had a very explict erotic post that I decided to delete too. 5000 words....with pics....clowns, dancing bears, uni-cycles and a taffy pull Darn, guess I shouldn't have mentioned it though...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart
    People rarely say "get control over the ego" instead they say "kill the ego" but actually without any ego, we would be very lost.
    Observe the ego, try to detach from it. You can't control it or get rid of it. If you suppress emotions, you will develop health problems.

heart on fire

To be able to detach from it a form of self-control. Being able to become impersonal enough with self to observe the ego is a form of self-control.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Actually, I see the ego as something that needs to expand. We identify with what is within our ego boundaries, and when others are included within our ego boundaries, we protect and love them as we would love ourselves.

IOW, the more and more we identify ourselves with others and even view ourselves as part of the larger world, the broader our ego boundaries we become and the more we fight to protect and love those things as we would care for ourselves.

So to me it doesn't seem like "moderating the ego" or squashing/limiting ourselves, or detaching ourselves, or anything of the sort, it's a matter of expanding what we consider ourselves to be part of. (does that make sense?)

This is why those in equilibrium feel at one with the world and with others: The borders have expanded. We are bigger than ourselves, because ourselves now includes many others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

From what I understand the ego is the voice that says "You can do it!" when courage faluters and it is also the part of us that wants to protect ourselves, our own individual being at any cost. By its own definition it is the one, the I, selfish. I am not sure how one would expand that in any heathy way.

But what I am saying is that we do need the ego voice as cheerleader but the problem comes when people make the ego their team captain, instead of the true core so-called higher self being the leader.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

well, Jennifer
    you're pretty damn wise for being on the red team
    Oh snap!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

Geez.

And 99% of the time I'm utterly unaware of feeling anything at all, and if I am aware, it'd take me hours or even days of meditation to figure out what I'm feeling.

So imagine when life's like that, then you get a feeling that's so strong, even a retard like you (ie me) can't miss it, and though you're able to identify it, you haven't a clue what to do with it or any of the spin-off feelings that come as a result of it, none of which you can identify or deal with.

that's what you get with inferior Fi!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    To be able to detach from it a form of self-control. Being able to become impersonal enough with self to observe the ego is a form of self-control.
    Maybe not though. If you understand what is going on from the right (objective) perspective, you may feel at greater ease, seeing that the feelings of your ego are more of an obsolete reaction.

Hmm..

The introspection itself can be enough to detach.. You don't even have to try.. The introspection/new perspective does it for you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Yep
    This thread and her response to it has solidified my respect for this " Dana " character
    I N V I C T U S