User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Extravert Prejudice

I know Introverts get a bad lot here in the US, but today I found my holy ire rising, prompting me to rise to the occasion to defend extraverts. I was at the lunch table with coworkers when the subject of a lady at a Mexican restaurant came up. Two people kept referring to her as crazy, the crazy lady, in a clearly derogatory way. I met this lady once, she was incredibly lively and fun. She owned the restaurant, she would banter with the customers while they were in line for their orders, she turned up Salsa music and told everybody to dance, she called all the men 'guapos' she didn't seem crazy to me.

So, I asked for clarification as to why she was crazy, I thought maybe I had missed something. They said it was because she was loud and always happy. That pissed me off and I corrected them (calmly). I told them that it didn't sound crazy to me, and that it sounds to me like she just enjoys interacting with people and it probably brings people into her restaurant. Some at the table agreed with me, the perps shrugged it off, not convinced. I must have sounded serious, as there was awkward silence (heh).

There's a lot of down in the world, and this lady was an up. She's amazing, I wish I were like that. I feel like I want to show them crazy, now.

I'm worried that my comments will somehow interfere with the desire and subsequent action of you showing these two walking deads what crazy really looks like but...

Between the three of them...we all know who goes to sleep at night happy.

^^I'm kinda cracking up right now because I'm thinking "is my post redundant?" (to the OP) haha. Maybe I'll fly down and show your co-workers what crazy is.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    ^^I'm kinda cracking up right now because I'm thinking "is my post redundant?" haha. Maybe I'll fly down and show your co-workers what crazy is.
    I want to see.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm worried that my comments will somehow interfere with the desire and subsequent action of you showing these two walking deads what crazy really looks like but...

Between the three of them...we all know who goes to sleep at night happy.
    I suppose I understand them feeling threatened by her, but that's no reason to insult her. I suppose some people feel like enforcing their concept of 'normal' makes them feel safe, but this alienates good people. I thought the one guy was a snob already, but I *was* giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I want to see.
    Oh cool! We'll get a date set. And until then... I mean, I guess I should say here for informational purposes (not like I'm bragging) that I am considered one of the best of all time in acting crazy so idk... depending on your own personal sensitivities and experiences... maybe start by first watching less crazy people do stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I suppose I understand them feeling threatened by her, but that's no reason to insult her. I suppose some people feel like enforcing their concept of 'normal' makes them feel safe, but this alienates good people. I thought the one guy was a snob already, but I *was* giving him the benefit of the doubt.
    I actually worked in a department that was 'introvert heavy' and saw so much of what you are describing but I'm not sure how to talk about it without pissing off a forum of introverts. I can understand "this person makes me feel tired" or "wow, that person sure is upbeat! time to go home to my books and cats!" But that's not what I witnessed. Yes, from what I learned there and in spite of what scientific research has to say, extrovertion and happiness are the sure signs of idiocy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Dem introverts need to check their privilege.

Wait, I'm doing this wrong.

Ginkgo

It sounds like it might be prejudice of another sort, since she's not only Latino, but seems to fall into the stereotype of "Fiery Latino". I say that also because U.S. harbors a very sort of extraverted energy in its culture and not very many people here complain about the more characteristic versions of it. Or, rather, the complaints aren't very vocal.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Some people just hate what's different. Love that box. Lick it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Funny coincidence - read this today: http://thoughtcatalog.com/macy-sto-d...-to-deal-with/
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching