First 123 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I know typing famous people is subject to a lot of error, but it seems pretty widely believed that Twain, Jobs, and Einstein were Ne users. I really feel like Ne is what makes me work best this way.

Furthermore, a super organized environment makes me feel weighed down (inferior Si). Just two more cents from my direction.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I know typing famous people is subject to a lot of error, but it seems pretty widely believed that Twain, Jobs, and Einstein were Ne users.
    I agree that typing famous people, especially those who are deceased, is subject to a wide margin of error.
    All we have to attempt typing them are the artifacts of their personal lives, careers, academic achievements, etc, right?

I really feel like Ne is what makes me work best this way.
    And this is a good thing, IMHO, because knowing what works for YOU and YOUR MIND is essential if you are ever to get a lot of good work done over the long run of time.

If you never figure out what works for you with regard to what type of work environment best suits your mind's workflow, then you will inevitably waste countless hours each time you work tweaking whatever part of your environment is bothering you at that time.

Furthermore, a super organized environment makes me feel weighed down (inferior Si). Just two more cents from my direction.
    Just out of curiosity, is the work you do most often more creative in nature? Or more methodical/administrative/etc. in nature?
    I'm curious because both types of environments ("messy" vs "neat") work for me, depending on what the nature ("creative" vs "administrative") of the work is.

Cheers!

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've found a balance between "cluttered messiness" and "creative messiness."

The first type doesn't help my mental organization at all and makes it hard to find things; it also typically represents a mindset where I can't discard anything, so I become completely trapped in a bunch of disconnected items and details.

With the creative messiness, there's still an organization to it and I know what's there and it's less about hoarding and more just keeping things around that I know will prove valuable.

I've realized that if I file a lot of ideas, things out of sight eventually drop out of mind when there's a lot of "things" in play. For the book I want to start finishing again, I've dedicated my spare bedroom to being my "work room" and I'm going to be hanging maps, post-its, and other data around on all the walls. It won't be the prettiest room, but it's kind of like being inside that big star map in "Prometheus," where all that data is right there visible in front of your face and you can see it in connection with each other while standing within it all. I think it will help me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What a weirdly ass-backward way of looking at it.

Messy desk --> Creative approach
    Creative approach --> Messy desk

I'm pretty sure its the latter if there is any real connection between the two at all. I'm imagining, and hoping this has no occasion in reality, naturally tidy people now messing up their desks in a rather silly attempt to induce creativity.

*edit* "Individual" approach would better fit those three, actually, or independent
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

My desk looks like a bomb went off.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    See, this makes more sense to me. I figure that when one needs to be creative, he can facilitate by making a huge mess out of his desk.

MBTI
    yupp

I just don't like society's expectations and sayings. I refuse to have a desk, if you make me get a desk i'm using it as firewood, and I'll make sure it's super messy before I set it on fire. take that society!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    What a weirdly ass-backward way of looking at it.

Messy desk --> Creative approach

I'm pretty sure its the latter if there is any real connection between the two at all. I'm imagining, and hoping this has no occasion in reality, naturally tidy people now messing up their desks in a rather silly attempt to induce creativity.

*edit* "Individual" approach would better fit those three, actually, or independent
    THANK YOU.

This study, as it is presented, is unadulteratedly conflating correlation and causation. I expected more from you, type C.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Ginkgo

What desk?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius desk at home is a mess but his work desk is tidy. It probably has more to do with not wanting to be embarrassed with having a messier desk than his academic colleagues, than keeping it clear to maximise efficacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.