User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    INTJs have a tertiary Fi, so they tend to work more upon personal values, but not values based on external norms.
    QFE

Eventhough I disagree with like 80% of what you say (that's more opinion based), this is pretty much spot on. Generally, I create my morals based on what is important to me. The idea of morals tends to be something created by those in power and the society as a whole.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Of course, if everyone insists that this can be correlated to type, then I would agree that those with dominant Se, who are theoretically thrill-seekers, should be most inclined towards that sort of behavior. I would also guess that people who direct more of their energy outward, Extraverts, would also tend that way. That means that ESxP's are the most likely to sleep around, correct?

P.S.

So what you're saying then, Uberfuhrer, is that an INTJ can behave like an unusually creepy, eccentric, intolerant (from everyone else's perspective) version of INFP at times, and (theoretically) an INFJ could seem like an unusually serious, sympathetic, unconfident, and judgmental version of INTP at times? I'm willing to buy that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    So what you're saying then, Uberfuhrer, is that an INTJ can behave like an unusually creepy, eccentric, intolerant (from everyone else's perspective) version of INFP at times, and (theoretically) an INFJ could seem like an unusually serious, sympathetic, unconfident, and judgmental version of INTP at times? I'm willing to buy that.
    Well, I would think that N's more likely appear creepy or at least weird to S's.

And I think that J's tend to be more naturally angry than P's.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    QFE

Even though I disagree with like 80% of what you say (that's more opinion based), this is pretty much spot on. Generally, I create my morals based on what is important to me. The idea of morals tends to be something created by those in power and the society as a whole.
    Oh my, someone disagrees with me? Well...they shouldn't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I'm starting to suspect that "Uberfuhrer" is really just MacGuffin play-acting.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't see any humor in this. Explain why you feel this is so funny.

I do think promiscuity is for shallow people. Consequently, SPs are usually shallow.
    I think calling people shallow based on type is shallow. But that's just my opinion.

As to why I found it funny, I'm amused by people stating absurd things. I thought for a minute it was a brilliant parody of ignorant people, but there was a touch too much seriousness (and even some truth) for me to be sure.

I could explain to you why exactly your post (and the similarity to select others here) amused me, but I don't have the patience to write out a list of the inaccuracies and gross stereotypes. Besides, you wouldn't believe me anyway--I'm just a poor shallow S. Instead, I'll continue to quietly laugh to myself. Carry on.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think calling people shallow based on type is shallow. But that's just my opinion.

As to why I found it funny, I'm amused by people stating absurd things. I thought for a minute it was a brilliant parody of ignorant people, but there was a touch too much seriousness (and even some truth) for me to be sure.

I could explain to you why exactly your post (and the similarity to select others here) amused me, but I don't have the patience to write out a list of the inaccuracies and gross stereotypes. Besides, you wouldn't believe me anyway--I'm just a poor shallow S. Instead, I'll continue to quietly laugh to myself. Carry on.
    Okay, I'll take back what I said. I'm sorry. I was just in a bad mood yesterday and needed to feel superior.

Now explain.

MBTI
    INTJ

Of course, I'd expect SJs to be more abstinent, either for religious reasons or because they have better judgment than the SPs.
    I must show my SJ husband this tonight.

I would suspect that the Intuitive would perceive promiscuity as superficial and meaningless. An Intuitive, whether Extraverted or Introverted, is also more likely to be satisfied with fewer relationships, because they're interested in what's meaningful and not necessarily what's pleasurable.
    Phooey. Sex is fun. Sex feels good. Close intimate contact feels great, but not-so-close-more-anonymous contact can be fun, too. Does that mean I'm now a what... ESxx?

An NT wants to understand the point of sex.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Stereotypical NTs are the most likely to have trouble getting laid, because of their tendency to intellectualize everything. However, an ENTJ may even use sex as part of a certain strategic maneuver. An ENTP, on the other hand, would be more interested in inventing new and exciting sex toys.
    Males perhaps - but I think that applies to all males. If women want to get laid, they can get laid.

The typical mind of an INxJ seems to be considerably sadistic based on many posts made by these types. So with their J function perceiving such corruption and shallowness around them, their Ni function is likely to indulge in elaborate fantasies of hurting and killing those that they hate -- they may even get sexual pleasures doing such things. I know I do!
    I suspect this is how it appears to you, I doubt it's a widely held belief, though. I could extrapolate all kinds of things about NTs or Nis based on my personal sexual experience and it wouldn't be right, either.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Okay, I'll take back what I said. I'm sorry. I was just in a bad mood yesterday and needed to feel superior.

Now explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    She said most of what I would have said, and probably more politely.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I suspect this is how it appears to you, I doubt it's a widely held belief, though. I could extrapolate all kinds of things about NTs or Nis based on my personal sexual experience and it wouldn't be right, either.
    Perhaps not, but it would be very entertaining. Please proceed

Personality may mold certain inclinations... but in the end, all* humans desire sex, lots of it, for as long as they are able to reproduce (and with extended lives now, beyond that).

* By all, I mean most, with certain errant factors leading to asexuality... just to be clear before I get jumped on :P

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Perhaps not, but it would be very entertaining. Please proceed
    Aye, it would be but I must decline. I couldn't show the husband the post in question.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.