• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

overactive super-ego

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I beat myself up constantly for not being as good as I should be, and I really can't get away from feeling like I am not as good as I should be.

á´…eparted

passages
I beat myself up constantly for not being as good as I should be, and I really can't get away from feeling like I am not as good as I should be.

Me too. I am a 1w2, so I do this all the time. It's essentially my core drive.

However, one needs to learn how to step back from that. It doesn't do good to obsess over this and mope about the things we don't have, can't be, or could have been. Use them as important learning tools, and strive to be better.

Also, perfection does not exist, and it never will.

You're 17 though, with time it will become easier.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Welcome to the club. :)

Kind of sucks on one hand, but, on the other, at least you're always aiming higher.

I try to confront it by living in (and enjoying) the moment.

yeghor

At the risk of sounding vain, this is how I (my superego) feels sometimes:

I hope to achieve that enlightenment thing some day...:)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me too. I am a 1w2, so I do this all the time. It's essentially my core drive.

However, one needs to learn how to step back from that. It doesn't do good to obsess over this and mope about the things we don't have, can't be, or could have been. Use them as important learning tools, and strive to be better.

Also, perfection does not exist, and it never will.

You're 17 though, with time it will become easier.

Yes, at some point you realize you're human and that there are "reasonable flaws" versus things you need to change. I'm a lot less driven by guilt nowadays and more about simply wanting to be better at the things I'm not. But getting over the hardcore Superego can be an arduous process, since head knowledge isn't the same as heart knowledge and you need time to "grow into it."

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it took me a while to get out of that. i had to reach the point where i was faced with the damage i was doing to myself with that mentality. then i was able to see that that damage was holding me back from being what i actually could be if i were just focusing on accepting my strengths and weaknesses as such, and working with them from a place of self-support rather than self-criticism. i can honestly say that i'm able to do more this way than i ever was the other way. i've found it freeing and mobilizing, while the other way was restrictive and paralyzing.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it took me a while to get out of that. i had to reach the point where i was faced with the damage i was doing to myself with that mentality. then i was able to see that that damage was holding me back from being what i actually could be if i were just focusing on accepting my strengths and weaknesses as such, and working with them from a place of self-support rather than self-criticism. i can honestly say that i'm able to do more this way than i ever was the other way. i've found it freeing and mobilizing, while the other way was restrictive and paralyzing.

Thanks. I intuited something like that, but my Fi hasn't caught up, yet. I think it attacks me almost as bad as my lowest two modes do...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At the risk of sounding vain, this is how I (my superego) feels sometimes:

I hope to achieve that enlightenment thing some day...:)

That would be amazing!
I would like it, too.