User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Default Gun Lovers: the Enemies of Freedom and Equality

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up.
    It's time for us to level set expectations.

There are times when your posts are insightful and interesting; this is not one of those times.

There are also times when you rant about things to such a degree that is obvious your participation is all about the chance to rant without any real interest in contributing in a meaningful way to the conversation at hand. IMHO, this is one of those times.

So far as anyone's ranting having the capacity to cut me to the quick, it's not possible because:

(1) Sticks and stones will break my bones, but hypertext will never hurt me, and

(2) Once it is clear that another's behavior is a juvenile outburst of some kind, there's really nothing to get upset about - the whole display becomes laughable.

For instance, when visiting a zoo, what do monkeys do?
    They throw their feces out of their cages at the zoo's visitors.
    When you see this happen it is not a trigger for anger; it is easy to laugh off, because that's what monkeys do. What else do you expect from them? They are monkeys, silly person!

And so here we are, monkeys throw their feces at people, Mole rants in ignorant metaphors to satisfy urges for attention seeking, and as always I am having an awesome day.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.

Oh, and if you ever feel alone and want company during your next rant - I reccommend the "Me & My Homies" Superfly Monkey 7-Pack for $25.95 at www.buysuperflymonkey.com

Cheers!

-Halla74
    In Parliament, after a personal attack, we have the right to make a personal explanation -

My Parliament has successfully defeated the gun lovers, and this is the most popular decision among the electors.

We have democratically defeated the gun lovers on one whole Continent.

Naturally the gun lovers hate us for we have shown what can be done in a liberal democracy.

Gun lovers hate us because we have shown how to successfully limit the power of gun lovers.

And make no mistake: gun lovers love power.

And power tends to corrupt, and absolute power, the power of the gun, corrupts absolutely.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    In Parliament, after a personal attack, we have the right to make a personal explanation -

My Parliament has successfully defeated the gun lovers, and this is the most popular decision among the electors.

Naturally the gun lovers hate us for we have shown what can be done in a liberal democracy.

Gun lovers hate us because we have shown how to successfully limit the power of gun lovers.

And make no mistake: gun lovers love power.

And power tends to corrupt, and absolute power, the power of the gun, corrupts absolutely.
    In the United States of America, when we hear a bunch of flubber-blubber, we get bored and go off to bed...

Cheers to you and your homies in Parliament,

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My dad is a veteran and could teach me to shoot. He has a rifle (I think he kept the one he had in the Marines) but he strongly dislikes guns because he's seen what they can do.
    M1 Garand?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    M1 Garand?
    No earthly idea. Viet Nam era. He was communications, so nothing specialized.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    In the United States of America, when we hear a bunch of flubber-blubber, we get bored and go off to bed...

Cheers to you and your homies in Parliament,

-Halla74
    You know as well as I do that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights does not give the Right to Bear Arms. And indeed, you as well as I, are signatories to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

This is why we are such a threat to you. We are a free and democratic Continent under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which is now gun free.

And, you as well as I, know you have neither a moral nor a legal leg to stand on, so you resort to personal insults.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

In a liberal democracy, laws are supposed to reflect the will of the people. The fact that some democracies permit guns while others outlaw them simply goes to show that people(s) are different. Democratic outcomes are not one-size-fits-all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My dad is a veteran and could teach me to shoot.
    My father was a Royal Naval Officer and retained a gun metal blue .45 Naval revolver.

And I vividly remember we all went for a picnic on the Georges River in Sydney, and when we were in the middle of the bay, my father, at my mother's bidding, dropped this gun metal blue Navy revolver over the side.

It was a poignant moment.

You know as well as I do that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights does not give the Right to Bear Arms. And indeed, you as well as I, are signatories to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

This is why we are such a threat to you. We are a free and democratic Continent under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which is now gun free.

And, you as well as I, know you have neither a moral nor a legal leg to stand on, so you resort to personal insults.
    I fear Halla's assessment was too kind. Please explain how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights precludes a sovereign nation's constitution from granting additional rights.

It's especially rich for you to make this argument when Australia is in flagrant violation of Article 14:

Article 14.

(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    In a liberal democracy, laws are supposed to reflect the will of the people.
    In a liberal democracy the Law reflects the tradition of the Common Law, Statute Law, the policies of the elected government, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And the Universal Declaration of Human Rights confers no Right to Bear Arms. The Common Law confers no Right to Bear Arms. So you justify your gun culture with a dodgy interpretation of your Constitution.

What do you take us for?

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

I think having a gun in ones home for security and self defense is not a bad thing. As long as theyre in the right hands and not some guy on the freeway with road rage, im fine with it.

What everyone should be nervous about though is plastic guns that are made by 3D printers. These guns will not get picked up by security metal detectors and can impose a huge security threat in the future.