User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    I'm pretty knowledgeable about guns and comfortable around them.
    It is interesting to hear your personal testimony from the other side of the world.

But we can hear interesting personal testimonies till the cows come home, but such anecdotes tell us nothing about the psychology of gun lovers.

So I think it is becoming plain that gun lovers take their love for granted because everyone around them shares the same love. And for gun lovers to analyse their psyche about their love for guns is unthinkable, would be anti-social, and perhaps even heretical.

And so we will continue to get personal testimony in the form of anecdotes, and critical thinking about the psychology of gun lovers will go begging.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It is interesting to hear your personal testimony from the other side of the world.

But we can hear interesting personal testimonies till the cows come home, but such anecdotes tell us nothing about the psychology of gun lovers.

So I think it is becoming plain that gun lovers take their love for granted because everyone around them shares the same love. And for gun lovers to analyse their psyche about their love for guns is unthinkable, would be anti-social, and perhaps even heretical.

And so we will continue to get personal testimony in the form of anecdotes, and critical thinking about the psychology of gun lovers will go begging.
    Hi Molio,

Up here in Vermont, asking about the psychology of gun owners is like asking about the psychology of people who own snowmobiles or boats (both of which just about everyone has up here). When everyone has one, there's no psychology to it. It's just something you own, like everyone else.

Hi Molio,

Up here in Vermont, that's like asking about the psychology of people who own snowmobiles or boats (which just about everyone has up here). When everyone has one, there's no psychology to it. It's just something you own, like everyone else.
    Yes, the psychology of the taken-for-granted is fascinating.

The taken-for-granted is our invisible environment.

And so the delight of psychology is making the invisible, visible.

Who would have guessed, we say, What a surprise!

And an even greater reward awaits those brave enough to step outside the taken-for-granted, and that is ecstasy, for ecstasy or ekstasis, as the Ancient Greeks knew, is simply stepping outside the taken-for-granted.

So just as I can step outside the taken-for-granted in Canberra, Austalia, you can step outside the taken-for-granted on the other side of the world in Vermont.

And even better, we can both step outside the taken-for-granted on Typology Central. For on Central we take cliches for granted, and all we have to do, to find ecstasy on Typology Central, is to step outside our cliches.

RDF

Yes, the psychology of the taken-for-granted is fascinating.

The taken-for-granted is our invisible environment.

And so the delight of psychology is making the invisible, visible.

Who would have guessed, we say, What a surprise!

And an even greater reward awaits those brave enough to step outside the taken-for-granted, and that is ecstasy, for ecstasy or ekstasis, as the Ancient Greeks knew, is simply stepping outside the taken-for-granted.

So just as I can step outside the taken-for-granted in Canberra, Austalia, you can step outside the taken-for-granted on the other side of the world in Vermont.

And even better, we can both step outside the taken-for-granted on Typology Central. For on Central we take cliches for granted, and all we have to do, to find ecstasy on Typology Central, is to step outside our cliches.
    Or I can drink my whiskey, ride my snowmobile, and shoot my guns. Because that's what everyone does up here, and I don't need anyone's permission to do the same.

Life's good.

Or I can drink my whiskey, ride my snowmobile, and shoot my guns. Because that's what everyone does up here, and I don't need anyone's permission to do the same.

Life's good.
    Well my dear whisky drinker, gun shooter, and snowmobile rider, 3,500 years ago Socrates taught us that the unexamined life is not worth living.

Now why would he say that when you are perfectly happy with your whisky, guns and snowmobile?

RDF

Well my dear whisky drinker, gun shooter, and snowmobile rider, 3,500 years ago Socrates taught us that the unexamined life is not worth living.

Now why would he say that when you are perfectly happy with your whisky, guns and snowmobile?
    I've examined my life and found that my life works best with whiskey, snowmobiles and guns.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

What I've observed--being surrounded by these imbecilic yokel fucks my entire life:

The stereotypical gun "enthusiast" (extreme right-wing, redneck, Conservative, Christian, etc.) is often xenophobic, paranoid and intrinsically prone to outbursts of aggression, machismo and unnecessary cruelty to compensate for a tiny brain--probably even dick. Somebody once said that owning a gun is like having two dicks--the shoe fits.

My theory on the why: Evolution. It never quite applied to this breed.
    The South is obviously a safe haven from the reptilian indifference of Natural Selection.

This is unfortunate. For all of us.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I've examined my life and found that my life works best with whiskey, snowmobiles and guns.
    You are the Jeremy Clarkson of Vermont.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Ginkgo

“The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.”

― P.G. Wodehouse

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    One of my dad's friends is an avid hunter. Several years ago he got an elk. He said it was a big ordeal and he didn't think it tasted very good either. He concluded that it would have been more rewarding to shoot a cow.
    Oh, man. I can make an exception for those who take it all the way and chow down on the animal. They have more testicular fortitude than those of us who just eat animals and divorce ourselves from the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Ya'll should watch Season One's episode: Gun Fever. Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    [sunny]
    Yes yes yes

Yes