• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what are your expectations for yourself?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my room mate and I started talking about expectations, and she was saying that she has high ones for herself and others. and I was trying to come up with common ones that everyone has but I kept getting it wrong; like I was like I don't expect to wake up with 5 million dollars every morning, and I was like wait no one does. so I asked her what hers were, and she was like no one's ever asked me that. People ask each other all the time do you have high expectations for yourself? or they say I have high expectations for myself, but I can't recall any one actually naming them off. I just want to see if people can. I can't for myself. We all have expectations.

á´…eparted

passages
My self-expectations need to take a fucking chill-pill.

I've gotten a lot better with it over the years, but I hold myself to really, really high standards that keep going higher if I meet them. I'd have to write a lot of get all of my expectations down, but for a catch-all I can sum it up as this:

Be correct and perfect.

L

LadyLazarus

Well,I just expect to improve multiple aspects of myself which I find to be weak,as I grow.Not that I strive for perfection,I just strive for improvement in order to strengthen and reinforce that which I already am.

Other than that,I have no particular expectations from myself as I feel I'd much rather go with the flow and improve as I go along,I don't feel the need to set unrealistic expectations for myself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I stopped having expectations years ago. I do have dreams and ideas that I want to explore though, that might turn into a goal as a side effect, but that is as close as I get

W

WhoCares

Yes. I've thought long and hard about this over the years. In terms of what I would consider a successful life outcome, here they are...

Create a freelancing career for myself doing what I love (artistic pursuits) fulltime with an equivalent pay to what I earn now (around $100k p.a.)
Own my own home, mortage free.
Put my skills, talents and abilities to a useful end in the world.
Create beauty in the world.
Do no harm.

Thats it. So yeah I have to say my expectations aren't what most would consider high, but they are important to me and mean something. Thats all that matters.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I expect myself to do my best to do what's right for others and for myself.

I expect to mess up.

I expect to grow constantly.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
be a Jedi

on a slightly more realistic note

- live life of adventure (hiking, climbing maybe base jumping or something similar) just to experience a lot
- improve my physical appearance (buff up a bit and keep in shape till i die)
- have lots knowledge in topics of my interest, to be in top 1% of best educated people
- improve my standard of life and to be in upper middle class

but to be honest I have trouble figuring what I really want from life, and somehow mold that expectations into goals so I have better chance to achieve them

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I expect myself to burn more brightly every day. And the days that the lamp is out, I expect to get better at fixing the fuse every time.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I expect myself to be able improvise my way out of any problem calmly and with wit. I've been successful so far but I haven't reached the Jack Sparrow level of improvisation and wit yet

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Mine are kind of messed up because of the way I was raised. I was raised to be "good" not really good *at* anything. Just good. Sometimes I think they must have intended for me to marry someone rich but forgot to tell me that. :thinking:

I am supposed to be ladylike but humble. I'm supposed to be quiet and pleasant and a good Christian. I'm supposed to be modest and honest and polite. They would have liked neat and scholarly but I think they gave up on those.

I did not marry a rich man. So I taught myself how to cook. I sort of already knew how to clean, I just hadn't done it regularly. Never got good at doing that. Got pregnant pretty fast, so I learned how to take care of small children and read some parenting books.

So what I expect for myself now is that I meet all basic obligations to the family I've helped make. I will drive them, I will pay the bills, I will grocery shop. I will handle crises at school. I will be there for them to talk to. I expect myself to try to help out extended family/friends when they need it and I have the resources to help.

I expect myself to be civil and calm. I expect myself to be generous when I have resources. I expect myself to be supportive. I don't expect myself to be selfless or any kind of domestic goddess. I expect myself to speak up for justice when I can. I don't always expect myself to meet my expectations. I don't expect myself to be great or famous or to be remembered. I do expect myself to learn what I reasonably can about the world and human conditions.

I expect myself to be fairly clean and neat when I leave the house.

I expect to be able to read a lot of books for entertainment.

I expect to eventually contribute financially to my family.

I expect to help care for any grandchildren and for my mother one day.

I expect to help with home repairs.

I expect to be healthy for a long time and I expect I have to make some effort for that to happen. But not a lot.

I expect myself to be able to learn how to do almost anything I want to learn how to do.

That's about all I've got right now.