• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Easily bored with people/having high standards

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That reminds me of another problem. My interests move around faster than that guy from jumper. So if I make friends with someone on one of my current interests then when I decide to do something completely different they can't follow me.

Once you're gone, I'm certain they are better for it.

badger055

Permabanned
Oh, man. Are you serious?

Halla's telling you exactly what you need to hear, and going out of his way to help you, and you're going to do this?

If you're not a kid, stop acting like one, bro.

Halla, I wouldn't blame you for giving up on this guy now, but please don't give up on people. (I don't think you could ever, but I'm just saying) I appreciate what you do and what you have to say.

I'm only taking advice from people who are similar to me rather than different so they actually know what they are talking about instead of just preaching their gospel. If that bothers you there are many other nicer threads around for you to post in.

you ask for advice, and i'm pretty sure these people know what they're talking about. you know what be a miserable dick, no one cares.clearly you actually don't want advice. You probably think the OP makes you look bad ass and better than everyone. It doesn't it makes you look like a miserable asshole who doesn't deserve to kiss the ground other people walk on.

Read the description in the op. I don't give a crap about my image. Think whatever you want.

Is your current way of going about things producing unsatisfactory results?

Na I think I'm good now. [MENTION=16264]WhoCares[/MENTION] helped me get some perspective.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm only taking advice from people who are similar to me rather than different so they actually know what they are talking about instead of just preaching their gospel.

If you'll only accept advice from people who's perspectives you relate to, how do you expect to grow?

R

RDF

So I have a combination of this stuff going on. I have high standards for the people I'm around and at the same time I get easily bored with people. I see people like these objects that amuse me for awhile but then their negative qualities start to annoy me so I drop them. What would be the solution to this if there is one?

There's "appropriate" and there's "inappropriate." You personally don't mind being "inappropriate" because you're afraid that if you have to act "appropriate," it will limit your freedom. And the description in the OP says "....very concerned with their independence – want to be free in order to fulfill their visions and dreams."

OTOH, acting "inappropriate" as your default mode ends up cutting you off from others and makes it difficult for you to form easy connections. And really, that's the answer to your question in the OP, as others have pointed out.

If you ever want to explore "appropriate," there are "appropriate" ways to get things done that still preserve your freedom. For example, you could have blown off Halla74's original message but in an "appropriate" fashion by saying, "Thanks, I'll consider what you said." That response doesn't commit you to anything, but it also doesn't burn any bridges the way an inappropriate response does.

It's easier to connect with people if you aren't always burning bridges.

badger055

Permabanned
There's "appropriate" and there's "inappropriate." You personally don't mind being "inappropriate" because you're afraid that if you have to act "appropriate," it will limit your freedom. And the description in the OP says "....very concerned with their independence – want to be free in order to fulfill their visions and dreams."

OTOH, acting "inappropriate" as your default mode ends up cutting you off from others and makes it difficult for you to form easy connections. And really, that's the answer to your question in the OP, as others have pointed out.

If you ever want to explore "appropriate," there are "appropriate" ways to get things done that still preserve your freedom. For example, you could have blown off Halla74's original message but in an "appropriate" fashion by saying, "Thanks, I'll consider what you said." That response doesn't commit you to anything, but it also doesn't burn any bridges the way an inappropriate response does.

It's easier to connect with people if you aren't always burning bridges.

Yep I do a lot of things for more freedom. Good burn the bridges I can't burn them fast enough.

R

RDF

Yep I do a lot of things for more freedom. Good burn the bridges I can't burn them fast enough.

Your choice. Inappropriateness isn't a hanging crime; you're not committing any felonies by acting that way. But like I said, the issue of burning bridges is the answer to your question in the OP.

badger055

Permabanned
But like I said, the issue of burning bridges is the answer to your question in the OP.

Unless you got a similar personality type you don't know what you are talking about. You can only comment as a spectator.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Look you aren't going to get it 6s don't understand what individualism is. I always aggravate 6s. So just drop it I'm not talking about this with you anymore.

It's official - I'm convinced you're 13 years old. The avatar of the panda holding guns really supports my theory too.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

I'm only taking advice from people who are similar to me rather than different

At least this explains why you're constantly riding [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION]'s dick in every thread he posts in. Except at least that guy is a little more rational.

Seriously, [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] probably gave you the best advice. He was genuinely trying to help you and tried to be as clear and steady as possible, but you decided to get all reactive and go with the "YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER" bs. If you're genuinely trying to find happiness in life and get what you want out of it, that man you irrationally shut down is probably the most successful and happy people I know on this forum. His experience in life has made him all the wiser, but if you refuse to actually listen to people with an open mind and just keep doing things the way you want to do them hoping for different results, he (or most other people on this forum) can't help you. I would add more but Alex covered it all. When you're not busy whining over how the big mean man told you something you didn't want to hear, try reading what he said with an open mind next time.

R

RDF

Unless you got a similar personality type you don't know what you are talking about. You can only comment as a spectator.

Lol! It's not rocket science.

You act like a dick, and you end up isolated. And in turn, when you meet someone new, you have to make snap decisions about whether you like them or not, because you know that soon enough you'll be shooting off your mouth and acting like a dick, topedoing any possible relationship.

You're in a rut. Lose a little of the attitude and try a new approach.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
IRL people generally like me: You know why? because I stay true to myself, yet I respect others, I don't judge people. Yes I do form first impressions, but I don't let that keep me from knowing them. So yes you can be true to yourself, and not be a complete dick. I realize that people aren't going to do what I want and all I can control is my actions, and how I react to situations. I don't try to be friends with people I also don't push them away either. Not everyone is going to like me and I'm not going to like everyone, but I have no enemies. I have tons of aquaintences and people I can count on one hand that I'd call true friends. I'm smart enough to know when I should pick my battles (most of the time) clearly I was wrong about this one. I've also always had a curiousity about people. I want to know things, not because I plan on judging them for it, or for any malicious reason. I've also proven myself trustworthy, countless times

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

lol oh hey chanaynay tell me how you really feel <3. Sorry but I'm not part of halla's fan club. If we are talking about success I doubt there is anyone on this forum who makes more than me. Just because you are older doesn't mean you are wiser. It doesn't give you the right to go around telling everyone how they should live their lives. I don't respond well to people who think they have moral superiority.

Lol! It's not rocket science.

You act like a dick, and you end up isolated. And in turn, when you meet someone new, you have to make snap decisions about whether you like them or not, because you know that soon enough you'll be shooting off your mouth and acting like a dick, topedoing any possible relationship.

You're in a rut. Lose a little of the attitude and try a new approach.

You call it isolating myself I call it filtering. I'm looking for the one in a milion. My filtering methods just need to get better. I'm not in a rut I never said I was. This was an off hand thing I thought I should look at.

R

RDF

You call it isolating myself I call it filtering. I'm looking for the one in a milion. My filtering methods just need to get better. I'm not in a rut I never said I was. This was an off hand thing I thought I should look at.

Okay, fair enough. You asked an offhand question, and I gave you an offhand response. We'll leave it at that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@OP

Halla's post may be too far atm, for you to be able to relate to. It is however advice that you might find useful as you continue to grow as a person so...it might be wise to like..save it somewhere, for the future.

I can understand why you relate more to Whocares and those that are more your style, it's only natural. And yes, their posts therefore will be of more use to you. I also suspect you probably didn't start this thread as asking for advice on how to fix this issue, but for a way to collect data points and other people's experiences that could help you grow in the way you want to grow.

Right now, Hallas style of advice and being probably triggers a ton of rebellion in you coz it's too foreign still. I do believe though that you're actually doing exactly what you're meant to be doing - engaging people here, finding people that you can relate to and learn from and growing together with them, as we all do - at this particular time.

I know you probably cannot imagine this right now, but I think it is possible that you'll end up with a variation of how Halla navigates the world - he is after all very close to your personality type, but he has a couple more years under his belt and his priorities and outlook on life have no doubt changed as he too grew as a person.
With that in mind, I'm hoping that you'll find what you're looking for with this thread and that you hopefully get the space to figure this stuff out on your own terms.
After all, growth, and change happen when people get the chance to stretch, grow and experience for themselves. And it usually works better when you're not asked to do things that - for the moment, or ever - may not make sense to you yet. And it seems that in your own way, this is what you are doing right now.

One thing you might want to look into to find what you are looking for is wording things in a way that perhaps doesn't cause a stir with the general public - it seems that it would cloud the thread due to the responses it triggers which aren't of use to you at this particular time. While you certainly have the freedom to express your opinion, it can do a lot when you choose to optimise your communication style and might aid you in getting to our goal more swiftly. For instance, a simple acknowledgement that what you're aware you're expressing an unpopular opinion, but you want to explore this mindset further with people who might experience things the same way is often quite effective - especially here, on a forum dedicated to understanding yourself better. It is just a thought, though.

And with that said - I know I'm not one of the people you'll likely find useful and relatable right now, so Imma bow out

Happy hunting to ya :)

W

WhoCares

[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION], nice that you can relate. Its also worth pointing out that I am, by the standards of society, an anomaly. I function in society, hold a job, do the things normal people do, but I wont ever be a part of society. And that's the choice I've consciously made and it suits me. If you ever desire to be a part of society then you will eventually need to conform (at least outwardly) to the ideals stated by the other posters here. Some may consider me unhealthy, disordered or whatever. I personally find no need to judge others relative mental state and dislike others judging mine. But its what people do.

I pose no threat to others, have no desire to be malevolent and actually do hold empathy for others. I just don't express it in ways others understand or care about. I also have a mode of expression which is considered to be inappropriate by others so it makes me an outsider. The best I can do in life is to parrot the social customs people care so much about and otherwise live apart from society. I observe but I do not participate in any real way.

It's not a lonely existence to me, but its not a fulfilling one either. It is what it is. Your life will be what you make of it too. Personally I dont think people raining condemnation upon you is really very helpful. As Amargith pointed out it will just cause you to reject what they have to say. You are questioning who you are, what you do and why you do it, so you can make conscious choice. There is nothing wrong with that.