User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    @OP

Halla's post may be too far atm, for you to be able to relate to. It is however advice that you might find useful as you continue to grow as a person so...it might be wise to like..save it somewhere, for the future.

I can understand why you relate more to Whocares and those that are more your style, it's only natural. And yes, their posts therefore will be of more use to you. I also suspect you probably didn't start this thread as asking for advice on how to fix this issue, but for a way to collect data points and other people's experiences that could help you grow in the way you want to grow.

Right now, Hallas style of advice and being probably triggers a ton of rebellion in you coz it's too foreign still. I do believe though that you're actually doing exactly what you're meant to be doing - engaging people here, finding people that you can relate to and learn from and growing together with them, as we all do - at this particular time.

I know you probably cannot imagine this right now, but I think it is possible that you'll end up with a variation of how Halla navigates the world - he is after all very close to your personality type, but he has a couple more years under his belt and his priorities and outlook on life have no doubt changed as he too grew as a person.
    With that in mind, I'm hoping that you'll find what you're looking for with this thread and that you hopefully get the space to figure this stuff out on your own terms.
    After all, growth, and change happen when people get the chance to stretch, grow and experience for themselves. And it usually works better when you're not asked to do things that - for the moment, or ever - may not make sense to you yet. And it seems that in your own way, this is what you are doing right now.

One thing you might want to look into to find what you are looking for is wording things in a way that perhaps doesn't cause a stir with the general public - it seems that it would cloud the thread due to the responses it triggers which aren't of use to you at this particular time. While you certainly have the freedom to express your opinion, it can do a lot when you choose to optimise your communication style and might aid you in getting to our goal more swiftly. For instance, a simple acknowledgement that what you're aware you're expressing an unpopular opinion, but you want to explore this mindset further with people who might experience things the same way is often quite effective - especially here, on a forum dedicated to understanding yourself better. It is just a thought, though.

And with that said - I know I'm not one of the people you'll likely find useful and relatable right now, so Imma bow out

Happy hunting to ya
    Brave of you to post in this thread. As you can see I'm on a warpath. Halla's advice will never be useful to me because it's like 20 levels below me he is not ahead of me. Why would I take advice from someone who is below me? In fact his advice is a tiny spec on my radar he still playing on level 1 talking about the most obvious stuff. There are people who great in this world and people who are average. If I need advice on being average I will come back here and take his advice.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    So I have a combination of this stuff going on. I have high standards for the people I'm around and at the same time I get easily bored with people. I see people like these objects that amuse me for awhile but then their negative qualities start to annoy me so I drop them. What would be the solution to this if there is one?
    There's no solution.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    There's no solution.
    After reading this further, I came to say this.

You're not going to accept anything from anyone as it is. You're going to be stuck doing what you do now, and that's that.

You're entire persona just reeks of narcissism, and that's independent of all the success you claim.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    After reading this further, I came to say this.

You're not going to accept anything from anyone as it is. You're going to be stuck doing what you do now, and that's that.

You're entire persona just reeks of narcissism, and that's independent of all the success you claim.
    He's already answered his own question.

Permabanned

Well anyways this thread has become useless to me so I'm vacating it. Feel free to bash me to your heart's content. If you have any further questions or concerns you can direct them to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    He's already answered his own question.
    and yes I quite often answer my own question after I post about it and I see some responses

MBTI
    yupp

very few people have actually bashed you. If anything they've tried to help you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

RDF

Well anyways this thread has become useless to me so I'm vacating it. Feel free to bash me to your heart's content. If you have any further questions or concerns you can direct them to nowhere.
    If people are bashing you, take it as a compliment. It means that people feel they can be honest with you.

The answer to every "I-don't-fit-in" question ever posted at TypoC is pretty much the same: "It's because you're a fuck-up. Are you really stupid enough to believe that you're special and everyone else in the world is wrong? Try going with the flow, and you'll find the swimming a whole lot easier."

But the only type you can really say that to is ISTPs. Because they don't give a shit.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'd really re-evaluate these statements... "I see people like ... objects" ... Seriously, this is sort of creepy serial-killer style talk.
    I often see people the same way. The difference is that I understand this is not the preferred way to view people and so don't talk in these terms. I also see myself as an object, relative to other people. That is, I might look at someone as just a means to an end, but at the same time I try to see how I might be a means to their ends - in other words, how we can help (use) each other to get what we want. The classic win-win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    If you ever want to explore "appropriate," there are "appropriate" ways to get things done that still preserve your freedom. For example, you could have blown off Halla74's original message but in an "appropriate" fashion by saying, "Thanks, I'll consider what you said." That response doesn't commit you to anything, but it also doesn't burn any bridges the way an inappropriate response does.
    Now you've stumbled across one of my pet peeves: saying what you don't really mean, just to appear polite. I can't tell you how often I've been told "thanks, I'll consider what you said" by people who have no intention of doing this. I would prefer they tell me to my face that they don't agree or don't find my input useful. Then we can settle it right there, rather than my leaving with some false expectation. And yes it is possible to do even this without being rude, unless the other person is someone who takes everything . . . personally.

lol oh hey chanaynay tell me how you really feel <3. Sorry but I'm not part of halla's fan club. If we are talking about success I doubt there is anyone on this forum who makes more than me. Just because you are older doesn't mean you are wiser. It doesn't give you the right to go around telling everyone how they should live their lives. I don't respond well to people who think they have moral superiority.
    If you judge success by wealth and income, then you are right not to worry about who likes you or how many friends you have.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yep I do a lot of things for more freedom. Good burn the bridges I can't burn them fast enough.
    And what exactly makes you so amazing?
    Please, I can't wait to amuse myself with your answer.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I would also like to judge @badger055 harshly, for he does not look at people the same way I do.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.