User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post

That reminds me of another problem. My interests move around faster than that guy from jumper. So if I make friends with someone on one of my current interests then when I decide to do something completely different they can't follow me.
    Once you're gone, I'm certain they are better for it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Oh, man. Are you serious?

Halla's telling you exactly what you need to hear, and going out of his way to help you, and you're going to do this?

If you're not a kid, stop acting like one, bro.

Halla, I wouldn't blame you for giving up on this guy now, but please don't give up on people. (I don't think you could ever, but I'm just saying) I appreciate what you do and what you have to say.
    I'm only taking advice from people who are similar to me rather than different so they actually know what they are talking about instead of just preaching their gospel. If that bothers you there are many other nicer threads around for you to post in.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you ask for advice, and i'm pretty sure these people know what they're talking about. you know what be a miserable dick, no one cares.clearly you actually don't want advice. You probably think the OP makes you look bad ass and better than everyone. It doesn't it makes you look like a miserable asshole who doesn't deserve to kiss the ground other people walk on.
    Read the description in the op. I don't give a crap about my image. Think whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Is your current way of going about things producing unsatisfactory results?
    Na I think I'm good now. @WhoCares helped me get some perspective.

MBTI
    yupp

Read the description in the op. I don't give a crap about my image. Think whatever you want.
    If you don't care, then why are you bitching?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm only taking advice from people who are similar to me rather than different so they actually know what they are talking about instead of just preaching their gospel.
    If you'll only accept advice from people who's perspectives you relate to, how do you expect to grow?

Permabanned

If you'll only accept advice from people who's perspectives you relate to, how do you expect to grow?
    That's not growing that's living someone else's life.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Um. What?

MBTI
    yupp

no it's not
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned

Um. What?
    Look you aren't going to get it 6s don't understand what individualism is. I always aggravate 6s. So just drop it I'm not talking about this with you anymore.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Look you aren't going to get it 6s don't understand what individualism is. I always aggravate 6s. So just drop it I'm not talking about this with you anymore.
    All offense no defense.

RDF

So I have a combination of this stuff going on. I have high standards for the people I'm around and at the same time I get easily bored with people. I see people like these objects that amuse me for awhile but then their negative qualities start to annoy me so I drop them. What would be the solution to this if there is one?
    There's "appropriate" and there's "inappropriate." You personally don't mind being "inappropriate" because you're afraid that if you have to act "appropriate," it will limit your freedom. And the description in the OP says "....very concerned with their independence – want to be free in order to fulfill their visions and dreams."

OTOH, acting "inappropriate" as your default mode ends up cutting you off from others and makes it difficult for you to form easy connections. And really, that's the answer to your question in the OP, as others have pointed out.

If you ever want to explore "appropriate," there are "appropriate" ways to get things done that still preserve your freedom. For example, you could have blown off Halla74's original message but in an "appropriate" fashion by saying, "Thanks, I'll consider what you said." That response doesn't commit you to anything, but it also doesn't burn any bridges the way an inappropriate response does.

It's easier to connect with people if you aren't always burning bridges.