User Tag List

Thread: honesty

MBTI
    yupp

Default honesty

people say they want honesty, that's fucking bullshit. all they want is you to kiss their asses and tell them how great they are. because when someone is actually honest they get in trouble. which means honesty isn't actually respected, what is is ass kissing and manipulation. so stop fuckiing say you appreciate honesty, because you're probably a liar.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Okay I will stop and I am lair, but let me say this first. I find honesty interesting, since lately I am thinking that I perceive myself different than people around me. It is cool to get to the truth not my wishful thinking. Additionally honesty is feedback. I want to better myself in many areas and other people honest feedback can be helpful. I also like when people kiss my ass and tell me how smart I am, but I enjoy it the most when they really mean it This was an honest opinion. How about YOU?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by JustAMind View Post
    Okay I will stop and I am lair, but let me say this first. I find honesty interesting, since lately I am thinking that I perceive myself different than people around me. It is cool to get to the truth not my wishful thinking. Additionally honesty is feedback. I want to better myself in many areas and other people honest feedback can be helpful. I also like when people kiss my ass and tell me how smart I am, but I enjoy it the most when they really mean it This was an honest opinion.
    I mean it's more of people's expectations,like they expect you to lie, so even when you're honest they still accuse you of being manipulative and lying. and it's like I just said something that made myself look bad. do you really think if I was trying to be manipulative and lie I would have said that? if I was going to I'd make myself like fucking awesome.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I mean it's more of people's expectations,like they expect you to lie, so even when you're honest they still accuse you of being manipulative and lying. and it's like I just said something that made myself look bad. do you really think if I was trying to be manipulative and lie I would have said that? if I was going to I'd make myself like fucking awesome.
    More details please, sounds like an interesting situation
    But yeah I'd rather use flattery to manipulate, sounds logical. Telling people they are messed up or wrong is an ineffective manipulation technique in my experience.

Tell me, tell me beautiful lies as I sip my martini and watch the Sun sink in the West. Then tuck me up in bed and read me a bed-time story, Wind in the Willows, will do.

WALMART

"People who are bluntly honest get more satisfaction from being blunt than being honest."

I think you can be honest and satisfy people's expectations.

Ginkgo