• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

everyone is brainwashed by the media

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Agreed, and I agree some people are influenced to the degree they are brainwashed. Title suggest however everyone, a notion I find little evidence to agree with.

if you're as smart as you claim, why don't you prove it? all I've seen you do is tell me how you're so smart and above brainwashing. and I never said that there weren't levels of brainwashing but that everyone is brainwashed.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
burden of proof is on you, just so far you haven't given convincing arguements

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
burden of proof is on you, just so far you haven't given convincing arguements

I'm not the one claiming to be smart, and to be above something. the fact you're able to question things, doesn't prove anything. so can I so can most people. But this makes me thing you can't prove you're smart. I'm thinking of the dunning-krueger effect.

http://www.guruhabits.com/brainwashed/
http://www.livescience.com/16169-advertisements-seduce-brain.html

and you can cross google what they're claiming.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't even watch TV! Lol!! I'm serious. I'll on occasion have a favorite show on Netflix but typically get bored. I watch movies on occasion too. But for the most part, I am completely out of the pop culture loop.

Not everyone is an aspiring sheep.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't even watch TV! Lol!! I'm serious. I'll on occasion have a favorite show on Netflix but typically get bored. I watch movies on occasion too. But for the most part, I am completely out of the pop culture loop.

Not everyone is an aspiring sheep.

I never said everyone is. I'm saying that we're all being brainwashed, regardless if we watch tv or not. And it can be a little bit, but it's happening to all of us. it's to keep us in a sense of complacency.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never said everyone is. I'm saying that we're all being brainwashed, regardless if we watch tv or not. And it can be a little bit, but it's happening to all of us. it's to keep us in a sense of complacency.

That's silly!! :D lol!! I think you're trying to brainwash me! Lol!!

Just teasing. >.<

Yes. The world is a sea of suggestion. Whether the tv is on or not.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That's silly!! :D lol!! I think you're trying to brainwash me! Lol!!

Just teasing. >.<

Yes. The world is a sea of suggestion. Whether the tv is on or not.

I'm the worse brainwashing ever. I'm all like you should believe this! and the other person is like I don't and then I'm like fuck you! and leave

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?

I don't even have a tv :D

I'm the worse brainwashing ever. I'm all like you should believe this! and the other person is like I don't and then I'm like fuck you! and leave

finally you revealed yourself :ninja:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it's brainwashing i'm telling you the media and society convinces us that everyone is out to get us to make in life you have to be cut throat you ahve to cheat you have to lie you have to steal

and I don't think those are true. I don't steal, I don't lie, I don't cheat, I think people are doing the best they can and don't really ahve time to think about me

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am aware of that, you can position yourself in browsers if you pay money, just like with any commercial. But it's not only way you position yourself on google. You can be on page one, if you have readable content, hits and well optimized website for search engines. You can even learn to do that yourself. It's doable.

I found this very website via google search. I doubt it owners paid loads of cash to be on the first page of google search.
Is it an honest source? I kinda of depends wheter you guys create good content without hidden agenda ;)

Any can put up content on the web so it's up to you to judge it's honesty. Usually you can tell wheter someone is expressing their views or try to sell you something. Good point about reading books though. But books or even scientific publications may also hold a bias, remember that.

I thing I found interesting watching pro-US media and Russia Today(watching events like Iraq qar/Syria war), is that often they are both telling the truth. But only a fraction of it, making your vision of the big picture skewed, it's also something to remember. Sometimes they are imo purposfully emitting rumours or not verified infromantion only because they fit their agenda(for example use of chemical weapons by Syrian Military - "a fact" which i am very skeptical about).

So far in my study, I have been most interested in

Soft-Power: The way governments influence, people and states (such as through image, reputation, and state history.)
Propaganda: The way government or groups spreads ideas to harm or help a group.
Ads (not just campaign ads, but commercials also:) Infomercials talking about living through Obamacare and buying the book to find out how.

I won't really call it being brainwashed, but influence or manipulated to believe a certain way are words I would describe it.

You can brainwash a whole generation by the message that you send towards them, however.

krypton1te

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I quote Zarathustra:
"There is no shepherd but one herd!"

- Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Nietzsche