User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by JustAMind View Post
    Agreed, and I agree some people are influenced to the degree they are brainwashed. Title suggest however everyone, a notion I find little evidence to agree with.
    if you're as smart as you claim, why don't you prove it? all I've seen you do is tell me how you're so smart and above brainwashing. and I never said that there weren't levels of brainwashing but that everyone is brainwashed.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

burden of proof is on you, just so far you haven't given convincing arguements

MBTI
    yupp

burden of proof is on you, just so far you haven't given convincing arguements
    I'm not the one claiming to be smart, and to be above something. the fact you're able to question things, doesn't prove anything. so can I so can most people. But this makes me thing you can't prove you're smart. I'm thinking of the dunning-krueger effect.

http://www.guruhabits.com/brainwashed/
    http://www.livescience.com/16169-adv...uce-brain.html

and you can cross google what they're claiming.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I don't even watch TV! Lol!! I'm serious. I'll on occasion have a favorite show on Netflix but typically get bored. I watch movies on occasion too. But for the most part, I am completely out of the pop culture loop.

Not everyone is an aspiring sheep.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    I don't even watch TV! Lol!! I'm serious. I'll on occasion have a favorite show on Netflix but typically get bored. I watch movies on occasion too. But for the most part, I am completely out of the pop culture loop.

Not everyone is an aspiring sheep.
    I never said everyone is. I'm saying that we're all being brainwashed, regardless if we watch tv or not. And it can be a little bit, but it's happening to all of us. it's to keep us in a sense of complacency.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I never said everyone is. I'm saying that we're all being brainwashed, regardless if we watch tv or not. And it can be a little bit, but it's happening to all of us. it's to keep us in a sense of complacency.
    That's silly!! lol!! I think you're trying to brainwash me! Lol!!

Just teasing. >.<

Yes. The world is a sea of suggestion. Whether the tv is on or not.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    yupp

That's silly!! lol!! I think you're trying to brainwash me! Lol!!

Just teasing. >.<

Yes. The world is a sea of suggestion. Whether the tv is on or not.
    I'm the worse brainwashing ever. I'm all like you should believe this! and the other person is like I don't and then I'm like fuck you! and leave
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I don't even have a tv

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm the worse brainwashing ever. I'm all like you should believe this! and the other person is like I don't and then I'm like fuck you! and leave
    finally you revealed yourself

MBTI
    yupp

it's brainwashing i'm telling you the media and society convinces us that everyone is out to get us to make in life you have to be cut throat you ahve to cheat you have to lie you have to steal

and I don't think those are true. I don't steal, I don't lie, I don't cheat, I think people are doing the best they can and don't really ahve time to think about me
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I am aware of that, you can position yourself in browsers if you pay money, just like with any commercial. But it's not only way you position yourself on google. You can be on page one, if you have readable content, hits and well optimized website for search engines. You can even learn to do that yourself. It's doable.

I found this very website via google search. I doubt it owners paid loads of cash to be on the first page of google search.
    Is it an honest source? I kinda of depends wheter you guys create good content without hidden agenda

Any can put up content on the web so it's up to you to judge it's honesty. Usually you can tell wheter someone is expressing their views or try to sell you something. Good point about reading books though. But books or even scientific publications may also hold a bias, remember that.

I thing I found interesting watching pro-US media and Russia Today(watching events like Iraq qar/Syria war), is that often they are both telling the truth. But only a fraction of it, making your vision of the big picture skewed, it's also something to remember. Sometimes they are imo purposfully emitting rumours or not verified infromantion only because they fit their agenda(for example use of chemical weapons by Syrian Military - "a fact" which i am very skeptical about).
    So far in my study, I have been most interested in

Soft-Power: The way governments influence, people and states (such as through image, reputation, and state history.)
    Propaganda: The way government or groups spreads ideas to harm or help a group.
    Ads (not just campaign ads, but commercials also Infomercials talking about living through Obamacare and buying the book to find out how.

I won't really call it being brainwashed, but influence or manipulated to believe a certain way are words I would describe it.

You can brainwash a whole generation by the message that you send towards them, however.