• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Really glad to have you on the forum, Showbread :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

This really is the foundation of trolling, is it not? :D Although narcissism less so than the other three.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
A harsh truth.
:gleam:

My own experience; mostly attention whoring/provoking - i may start with provocative statement to get some opinions, instigating some competitiveness/rivalry (trash talk on game forums), vendetta trolling - if I felt me or other user was treated unfairly I returned the favor usually in a humorous but mean way

G

garbage

I have sent people to shock websites for the lulz.

I like to troll people in forums or the comments section of websites.

I enjoy griefing other players in multiplayer games.
:thelook:

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
Yeah, that doesn't even seem like the worst of it to me. :laugh: That troll sounds pretty mild - he needs to step up his game.

Yea, this is soft. Laughing at photos in "post your picture" type of threads is the shit :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the trolls on Xbox Live are too young for those medical diagnoses...and at other places, too.

G

Ginkgo

There comes a point when trolling almost becomes the status quo for behavior on the internet; given how widespread the net is, and how rare those personality disorders are, I don't think it's plausible to assume that there's hard and fast cause-effect relationship between trolling and dark triad traits. However, I do think that the prevalence and acceptance of troll behaviors makes it easier for those with real personality disorders to go unnoticed.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
There comes a point when trolling almost becomes the status quo for behavior on the internet; given how widespread the net is, and how rare those personality disorders are, I don't think it's plausible to assume that there's hard and fast cause-effect relationship between trolling and dark triad traits. However, I do think that the prevalence and acceptance of troll behaviors makes it easier for those with real personality disorders to go unnoticed.

That's an interesting point,
i think there's a big chance of drawing bad conclusions if you have little or none hand on experience with a matter like this.

ot; i think it would way cooler if they were called Dark Side traits :D

Cygnus

It's Flame Wars that I hate. Jeez, I can barely look up one YouTube video w/out all the comments being mindless skirmish of unthought-through opinion.

Coming from a person who does this a lot irl, tho.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Flame Wars that I hate. Jeez, I can barely look up one YouTube video w/out all the comments being mindless skirmish of unthought-through opinion.

Coming from a person who does this a lot irl, tho.

I agree. Give me a troll over a flame thrower any day.
Unless it's a trolly or laughably ridiculous flame thrower. They can be entertaining sometimes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welp, that explains my dislike for them, I suppose.