First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    To be fair, what I see as trolling is very specific and narrow with extreme behaviors in mind.
    What would you consider trolling then, example?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't even seem like the worst of it to me. That troll sounds pretty mild - he needs to step up his game.
    That's true, too.

My issue is that.. .... those were the research questions? "... for the lulz"??

MBTI
    yupp

the problems with the term troll, is it's so loosely defined, that sometimes if you don't agree with someone, you can get called a troll. and it's like i'm not trying to ruffle your feathers, you're just wrong. get over it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Internet Trolls Are Narcissistic, Machiavellian, Psychopathic, and Sadistic

"In the past few years, the science of Internet trollology has made some strides. Last year, for instance, we learned that by hurling insults and inciting discord in online comment sections, so-called Internet trolls (who are frequently anonymous) have a polarizing effect on audiences, leading to politicization, rather than deeper understanding of scientific topics.

That’s bad, but it’s nothing compared with what a new psychology paper has to say about the personalities of trolls themselves. The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

It is hard to underplay the results: The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet."

Entire Article Here

Thoughts?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

They could be killing people, they could be torturing animals, but instead, they found a much less harmful way to release their impulses. Trolls are good.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    They could be killing people, they could be torturing animals, but instead, they found a much less harmful way to release their impulses. Trolls are good.
    Agreed.

To be honest,they are also rather amusing in an obnoxious, half-baked sort of way.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    This assumes that trolling is some kind of outlet for an impulse to do something worse. I don't see any reason someone can't be a troll and spend some time torturing animals. In fact, I bet a number of trolls I've come across do.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned

Seeing you guys talk about trolls like this is just absurd. It's like you are studying humour. You guys need to lighten up and learn to laugh. Reminds me of this.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i am a horrible person
    can you deal with that
    we fukin won boys