• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

extremely vivid dreams

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Does anyone else have extremely vivid dreams with out substances?

Like I remember the details vividly, I can remember my thoughts in my dreams,my emotions, and on occasion I can feel being lick or touched (the last thing is rare, but does happen on occasion)

Octavarium

I have vivid dreams quite often, but I go through phases. I'll go through a period of remembering several dreams (or at least one powerful one) most nights, followed by a phase of hardly remembering my dreams at all. I find that the emotional content can get really intense, far more than it would be if the same thing really happened to me. I've had quite a few dreams where I got really scared, but thinking about it after waking up, the content of the dream wasn't scary at all. Thinking about it, I also have the opposite sometimes; where what's actually happening in the dream is pretty damn scary, but I manage to stay totally calm, so much so that that in itself makes the dream memorable.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have vivid dreams quite often, but I go through phases. I'll go through a period of remembering several dreams (or at least one powerful one) most nights, followed by a phase of hardly remembering my dreams at all. I find that the emotional content can get really intense, far more than it would be if the same thing really happened to me. I've had quite a few dreams where I got really scared, but thinking about it after waking up, the content of the dream wasn't scary at all. Thinking about it, I also have the opposite sometimes; where what's actually happening in the dream is pretty damn scary, but I manage to stay totally calm, so much so that that in itself makes the dream memorable.

I've always had vivid dreams and I was terrified as a kid I saw a lot of death in them, like violent death. and I would be scared to sleep

now I still dream about death, but it's peaceful death

last few nights my dreams have had violent elements in them, but only one produced any sort of fear (a brown bear was licking me, and I was scared he was going to attack) the other one I wasn't the main character in the dream so it didn't effect me, I was just watching the event unfold

Cygnus

Like I remember the details vividly, I can remember my thoughts in my dreams,my emotions, and on occasion I can feel being lick or touched (the last thing is rare, but does happen on occasion)

I don't remember more than a few details of my dreams, but I actually detect the pattern of the dream while I am dreaming and once I realize it's a dream, I wake up. A "pattern" repeats itself, and once I notice the pattern, I become aware that I'm dreaming and the dream ends.

I also think I perceive time more accurately than most people in a dream. A dream usually only takes up a few seconds, but you perceive it as longer because the subconscious brain is working overtime. But it actually feels like two or three seconds when I dream, regardless of the hypothetical time/sequence of events my brain adds to make up its story.

I hope this doesn't mean my IQ's going down.

Cygnus

I don't remember more than a few details of my dreams, but I actually detect the pattern of the dream while I am dreaming and once I realize it's a dream, I wake up. A "pattern" repeats itself, and once I notice the pattern, I become aware that I'm dreaming and the dream ends.

I also think I perceive time more accurately than most people in a dream. A dream usually only takes up a few seconds, but you perceive it as longer because the subconscious brain is working overtime. But it actually feels like two or three seconds when I dream, regardless of the hypothetical time/sequence of events my brain adds to make up its story.

I hope this doesn't mean my IQ's going down.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I hardly ever remember any of my dreams. I close my eyes, then suddenly I open them and it's morning. It's like I just lost hours in one second.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I do! Occasionally, anyways. Usually the visuals and the sense of being there are really vivid and detailed and realistic, and I usually have a strong emotional reaction to them. The dreams are not always pleasant, but I love having those dreams. Beats boring normal life dreams any day.