User Tag List

First 2345 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I roll my eyes at this. I see nothing great about it.

Ginkgo

In some ways, pure capitalism is psychopathy incarnate. It molds people to be calculating and self-interested, and is molded by people in-turn.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Is this really that central a part of your personality? That is surprising for Te-dom. Do you think it is more enneagram-related? Not everyone who doesn't feel that way is a psychopath (i.e. psychopathy is not the only alternative).
    I'm not sure if I'm the right person to say how central it is, but of all my flaws, this one bothers me the most. Also -- and I unwisely decided not to edit the post to clarify -- "need to be liked" is not the most accurate way to describe it. It would be best described as "need to be respected"+"need to not be disliked for my flaws and mistakes". If people dislike me for a reason that isn't legitimate, it's annoying but ultimately not a big deal. Whereas when people dislike me for a mistake I made or a personality flaw...

(Clearly this is more 1w2, and 3 trifix, than it is ESTJ. )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm the right person to say how central it is, but of all my flaws, this one bothers me the most. Also -- and I unwisely decided not to edit the post to clarify -- "need to be liked" is not the most accurate way to describe it. It would be best described as "need to be respected"+"need to not be disliked for my flaws and mistakes". If people dislike me for a reason that isn't legitimate, it's annoying but ultimately not a big deal. Whereas when people dislike me for a mistake I made or a personality flaw...

(Clearly this is more 1w2, and 3 trifix, than it is ESTJ. )
    Interesting. I am just the opposite. If someone dislikes me for a real flaw or personal quality, I consider it legitimate in that it is simply their preference. If they dislike me due to a misunderstanding, or something that isn't true about me, it really bothers me since it isn't accurate. To paraphrase a really old quote from Capt Picard: "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Interesting. I am just the opposite. If someone dislikes me for a real flaw or personal quality, I consider it legitimate in that it is simply their preference. If they dislike me due to a misunderstanding, or something that isn't true about me, it really bothers me since it isn't accurate. To paraphrase a really old quote from Capt Picard: "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."
    I'm like this too.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm like this too.
    Yeah, same here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Concur.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I find that people are usually fascinated by the idea of the psychopath and how its portrayed through media. I don't think anyone would actually want to be one.
    Two things fill me with wonder —
    the starry heavens above me and
    the moral law within me.

Immanuel Kant

Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive
    and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life.

Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This ...

Quote Originally Posted by krypton1te View Post
    I find that people are usually fascinated by the idea of the psychopath and how its portrayed through media. I don't think anyone would actually want to be one.
    mostly.

There are some contributing factors too, like the addition of new and pretty flawed research about the numbers of people in society presenting with some psychopathic tendancies... leading to some rather large overestimations in the number of psychopths we actually have.

Leading to a media frenzy on the portrayal of 'cool' psychopaths and sociopaths. I doubt many of these people are content. Imagine leading a life where you main thoughts were occupied with negative thoughts such as envy and greed. That sounds more like a living hell than heaven to me.

I have seen no evidence of contentment or happiness among them. Ofc I could be wrong. We could take the example of Sherlock in the bbc series and argue that his intelligence leads him to sociopathy, infact i suppose on some level we could argue that a large portion of very intelligent/intellectual folk have symptoms of sociopathy as they are much more (often) consumed with matters of intellect than people. We could even argue that T types are more prone to sociopathy and F types to psychopathy.

I often think those that actively pursue the idea of psychopathy/sociopathy as attractive are those who have been through traumatic or extremely upsetting experiences concerning trust in others... e.g abused/neglected. Though those are also some of the highest groups testing as psychopathic/sociopathic. It can be environmental as well as genetic I believe.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    This ...

mostly.

There are some contributing factors too, like the addition of new and pretty flawed research about the numbers of people in society presenting with some psychopathic tendancies... leading to some rather large overestimations in the number of psychopths we actually have.

Leading to a media frenzy on the portrayal of 'cool' psychopaths and sociopaths. I doubt many of these people are content. Imagine leading a life where you main thoughts were occupied with negative thoughts such as envy and greed. That sounds more like a living hell than heaven to me.

I have seen no evidence of contentment or happiness among them. Ofc I could be wrong. We could take the example of Sherlock in the bbc series and argue that his intelligence leads him to sociopathy, infact i suppose on some level we could argue that a large portion of very intelligent/intellectual folk have symptoms of sociopathy as they are much more (often) consumed with matters of intellect than people. We could even argue that T types are more prone to sociopathy and F types to psychopathy.

I often think those that actively pursue the idea of psychopathy/sociopathy as attractive are those who have been through traumatic or extremely upsetting experiences concerning trust in others... e.g abused/neglected. Though those are also some of the highest groups testing as psychopathic/sociopathic. It can be environmental as well as genetic I believe.

The motivations still narrow down to the idea of being a psychopath. Out of all mental illnesses, look at how much emphasis is portrayed in psycho/sociopathy in the media. Media influences an individual either consciously or unconsciously. Whether they realize it or not, it still has some kind of effect. I would not be surprised if the people wanting to be psychopaths already possess some features of psycho/sociopathy.

The lifestyle is thrilling. You're liberated from the human condition. Emotions are discarded, no one can hurt you.

We live in a finite world. We are stranded in cosmic dust. If an individual is already feeling alien to the world and to society, psycho/sociopathy would at least confirm and give them a position and group they can belong to in a society.

I do agree with you though. T over F's for psycho/sociopathy.
    Two things fill me with wonder —
    the starry heavens above me and
    the moral law within me.

Immanuel Kant

Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive
    and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life.

Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)