User Tag List

First 12

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    , the "derail" I have in mind is that an adventure impacts the identity, changing or at least deeply shaking or affirming who one is.

I think instinctual variant has the biggest impact on what "protected" means to each individual, and yes, it
    I am around Hard's age, and my press is currently indisputable. It's okay to want stability, but real stability is not withdrawn from challenging itself.
    I agree with you, instinctual variant changes the perspective a lot. Being sx dom with so last (if I have it at all...) makes me yearn for a deep connection with life. A sense of fulfillment I can only achieve by being true to who I am. So everything that I perceive as taking me away form that feels like enslavement almost. At the very least, it constitutes a prostitution of my soul.

I like stability but stability alone is never enough. I want that, and a bag of chips, or often I don't even want that because being in an unstable state, is in itself a challenge that brings more meaning to life than buying a weekly bus ticket and taking home a paycheck. Hence my cycle of building a stable career then leaving it abruptly on the 5yr mark.

I'm in a good financial position to now follow my dreams but this time with some measure of stability. As much as I feel like making an abrupt change, perhaps the lesson for me is to make these changes with less drama, more considered and therefore achieve better overall outcome rather than just the feeling of being connected to life. My 6 tendencies have never been more developed than they are now, the answer I think isn't to brush them aside, as in the past, and charge ahead. But perhaps to learn to make risky decisions in ways that soothe the 6 panic button.

WALMART

I have done ridiculous things on motorcycles.

And I tend to climb places few follow...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I got divorced, took what little I had, and moved my kids and I over 3000 miles away from our home. I only had enough to rent a place for a year, had no job, no vehicle, no other income, an outdated and useless degree in laboratory medicine, and only vaguely knew two people that lived in the area. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. I'm doing well now, about to finish my first phase of school and go to work.

Crazy as it was, I'd do it again, too. I suffered from major depression for a very long time, part of it was from being in denial about my ex's emotional abuse. Because I was depressed, I was uninterested in doing anything. I forgot who I was for so long that it seemed like I had never been happy, adventurous, and well, just any different from this sad, reclusive and avoidant woman whose world was pretty much just consisted of her home. I had forgotten that risk-taking is important to me. I needed to do what I did so I could live again. It was rough because the stress was insanely intense and it was hard to trust myself to think on my feet (which is what I do best) because I hadn't done it in so long. I'd say finding myself again is the scariest thing I've ever done.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    And I tend to climb places few follow...
    Could you elaborate on this a bit?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by JustAMind View Post
    Could you elaborate on this a bit?
    I take risks that put me into places people won't follow. I am willing to flex the boundaries of what is accepted to discover the results.

I meant it literally and metaphorically. When I go hiking, people will not climb the things I climb. And when I am exploring, people will not follow the places I intend to go.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I've made many daring risks though few people would understand them. As far as "material" things risked ? Not sure what the OP meant by that. I'm a pretty bold personality despite my fears. I don't think anyone is void of fear. Though many no doubt prefer to not rock the boat and choose the path previously paved for simplicity. It's hard holding yourself accountable, it's hard letting go and growing, it's hard taking control of your life (including the one deep behind your forehead) or the one externally.

Every act of daring I would make over again. Though all came at a price. I'm rarely understood, often dismissed, and under estimated. But that's not my problem. That's not my risk of faith to take.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Running out in public in gorilla suit.

It's my lifelong dream.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'll gladly take a risk if the consequences of it going horribly wrong are minimal.