User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default smashing people in the mis shaped holes?

    why do we do this? like why does everyone have to fit into this box? why is it that if you say you have no opinion on certain things, people can't grasp that? why can't i wear socks with sandles? why do i have to match? why can't i wear pajamas out? they're covering everything.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #2
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    oh my God I was so mislead by that title...

    Anyways...it's because it is easier to control people when they are docile,by making them feel being different makes them faulty,and how do we do that?By imposing useless codes of conduct and expectations on the general public of course.

  3. #3
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Boxes are useful. It allows us to draw patterns, condense information, and save time. It's quite hard to create a perfect system because there will always be satistical outliers.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #4
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    you can wear socks with sandals or wear pajamas out or do whatever the F you want. resist the hole-smash.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  5. #5
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    @Hard's on track. Because it's easier to think about when everything's the same. Requires less cognition. It's not that people desire everyone to be the same for some malicious reason. It's just easier to understand and work with, so we try to cut those corners so we can attend to other, more pleasing things. You having an opinion on something means the other person doesn't have to do all the work or bear all the responsibility for a decision, and so on. Most of the time it's not personal... it's just people trying to maximize their time and energy. Being open and friendly about whatever unconventional thing you decide to do helps smooth things a lot.

  6. #6
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    oh my God I was so mislead by that title...

    Anyways...it's because it is easier to control people when they are docile,by making them feel being different makes them faulty,and how do we do that?By imposing useless codes of conduct and expectations on the general public of course.
    makes sense, always suspected this
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Boxes are useful. It allows us to draw patterns, condense information, and save time. It's quite hard to create a perfect system because there will always be satistical outliers.
    So basically they do this because they want things simple? so why am I expected to dress a certain way? I mean how does the way I dress affect anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    you can wear socks with sandals or wear pajamas out or do whatever the F you want. resist the hole-smash.
    I already do.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Hard's on track. Because it's easier to think about when everything's the same. Requires less cognition. It's not that people desire everyone to be the same for some malicious reason. It's just easier to understand and work with, so we try to cut those corners so we can attend to other, more pleasing things. You having an opinion on something means the other person doesn't have to do all the work or bear all the responsibility for a decision, and so on. Most of the time it's not personal... it's just people trying to maximize their time and energy. Being open and friendly about whatever unconventional thing you decide to do helps smooth things a lot.
    what if it's about religion? like why do i need an opinion on that?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #7
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    what if it's about religion? like why do i need an opinion on that?
    Same deal pretty much I think. If you conform to someone else's worldview, they don't have to work to integrate your values and perspectives with their own. It's just easier for them if you agree. But ultimately it could be very good for them if you don't, and force them to expand their mind...

    I guess in short I feel like people are well-intentioned but stressed by lack of resources, which makes them try to make life as easy as possible. One way of doing that is to encourage or expect people to agree and conform to one's own way of doing things. It's not a very healthy way, though. Encouraging community, sharing, and mutual support is good but limitation and ostracization are not. So do your own thing, and try to help people understand it if you can. If you can't, they're just going to have to come to terms with it on their own, even if they're reluctant.

  8. #8
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Same deal pretty much I think. If you conform to someone else's worldview, they don't have to work to integrate your values and perspectives with their own. It's just easier for them if you agree. But ultimately it could be very good for them if you don't, and force them to expand their mind...

    I guess in short I feel like people are well-intentioned but stressed by lack of resources, which makes them try to make life as easy as possible. One way of doing that is to encourage or expect people to agree and conform to one's own way of doing things. It's not a very healthy way, though. Encouraging community, sharing, and mutual support is good but limitation and ostracization are not. So do your own thing, and try to help people understand it if you can. If you can't, they're just going to have to come to terms with it on their own, even if they're reluctant.
    but I mean i don't care if you're religious or you're not, like to me as long as you're a good person that's all that really matters.

    so wait! I have to assimilate?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #9
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Same deal pretty much I think. If you conform to someone else's worldview, they don't have to work to integrate your values and perspectives with their own. It's just easier for them if you agree. But ultimately it could be very good for them if you don't, and force them to expand their mind...

    I guess in short I feel like people are well-intentioned but stressed by lack of resources, which makes them try to make life as easy as possible. One way of doing that is to encourage or expect people to agree and conform to one's own way of doing things. It's not a very healthy way, though. Encouraging community, sharing, and mutual support is good but limitation and ostracization are not. So do your own thing, and try to help people understand it if you can. If you can't, they're just going to have to come to terms with it on their own, even if they're reluctant.
    This is what I try to tell my mother, but she doesn't understand...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  10. #10
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but I mean i don't care if you're religious or you're not, like to me as long as you're a good person that's all that really matters.
    Sure, not everyone will struggle to the same extent with this problem and some people will struggle more in certain areas. It's awesome that you're open and accepting and have put individual conscious thought into your personal morals. You probably have an easy time taking people as they come and not trying to force them to be something they're not comfortable with. It's a great native talent to have.

    so wait! I have to assimilate?
    Not at all. It's probably healthier for everyone if you don't assimilate. But it can help other people stop trying to force you into their views if you try to help them understand where you're coming from and why you're doing what you're doing. Sometimes they just won't get it, though, and ultimately it's not your responsibility to explain it to them.

    In other words... help the world be more accepting of the shape of your peg

Similar Threads

  1. There are two types of people in the world...
    By Legion in forum Other Personality Systems
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 05:13 AM
  2. Hating On People In The Entertainment Community
    By Gloriana in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
  3. Do you think people in the past had more free time?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 07:01 AM
  4. How to quickly type people in the real world.
    By Kleinheiko in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 04:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO