• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you do when you're feeling sad and angry?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I imagine myself throwing axes at people through mind control. What do you do?

á´…eparted

passages
When sad I mope, then I mope some more. I sleep, I sit at my computer, I just go on existing. Being sad just drains me completely and I lack the motivation to do even the most basic of things. If it goes on long enough I start to get suicidal thoughts and feelings. I used to have issues with ruminating on the thoughts and feelings that triggered it in the first place, but I don't anymore as I have learned to stop that. In it's place I can switch it off, and all that remains is an icky sickly feeling that I can't place easily, but that doesn't make it stop. It simply stops the anxiety associated with it which is good.

Anger is an emotion I almost never feel. When I do a quick yell or kicking of an object will vent it and it will pass.

gromit

likes this
Assuming it's for no reason/no reason that I can really do anything about, then I usually try to spend time with people I like (esp do something active with them) or maybe watch a movie with a treat or something a little fancy and then go to bed early... :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
When I'm sad a cry

when I'm angry I cry, curse the person i'm angry at, slam doors, wish them dead, when I was a kid I'd bang the back of my head against the wall (it actually calmed me down)---I have rage.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
This is something I've been changing lately. I used to dwell on the sad things and indulge in it for a good while. Now when not sad I look for things that make me happy, and how I can improve the current situation. Then when sad, I am less likely to indulge it, and I concentrate on actively focusing on better things. Where you put your concentration is your choice, I know I have a strong imagination and that reinforced the sadness, but now I am using my imagination as an ally and using it for good. Though I'm sure the axes thing sounds satisfying.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It depends on the situation, but the most common is that I take a very long, scalding shower and listen to sad music. I really wish I had a large bathtub. :)

Sometimes when extremely frustrated, I really wish it was acceptable to smash things. I scream internally and might do something like bite my pillow and scratch at my arms a bit or whatever, but it really doesn't make for that good of a release.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I whine and/or rant, listen to sad and/or angry music, try to distract myself, and/or sleep. Sometimes I cry or go for a walk.

Edit: One time when I was really angry at someone, I went on WoW, made a orc that looked like her, then ran her into the desert in her underwear and made her dance while scorpions were stinging her to death. That helped a little.

L

LadyLazarus

When I'm angry I go all nuts and start blowing up at people,only to feel bad later,it's a bad habit.

When I'm sad I kind of just get very serious,and want to be alone even more than usual.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh and I plot out their deaths in my head---which i found out from my friend not everybody does that. I just assumed they did :shrug:

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I read a book or watch something. It keeps me in flow state. At this point in my life, in a way, I'm both better and worse than ever. I used to be able to handle boredom, not a big problem. These days if I am not occupied with something, or don't like what I'm doing, pernicious thoughts creep in fast and I'm in a state of suicidal despair within 30 minutes or so. Flow is my life support.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I'm angry I'll speak my mind too the person and hope they don't cry. :p because really, I don't do good with sad. I operate much like an 8 in this domain. But I don't shy from verbally duking it out. If the person sticks with me it ends happy. If I need space or time I'll say so and resume the argument later.

If I'm angry and stuck in traffic or something (traffic doesn't make me angry but if I'm already angry and in traffic) I'll say things like, "move asshole" or "let's go grandma" or, "dude, do you want to die. Get your stupid bike out of my way" ... NOT so they hear me though. Just grump angry stuff.

If I'm sad ?? Oh god. I am learning ... literally. It ... sucks. That's about it.
I've been listening to a lot of depressing sounding classical. :p

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I'm sad but still energetic I write dark poetry and prose. When I don't feel up to that I game competitively, go for walks, listen to music more despondent and twisted than I feel.

When I'm angry I seethe, write dark poetry, game competitively, listen to metal, shut other people out or ask very pointed questions. I try to avoid anger as best I can... people usually don't make me angry twice.

Alea_iacta_est

Angry: Imagine hurting people or simply just scheme to get revenge as brutally as possible. Fantasizing vengeance.
Sad: Get angry, or mope about and wallow in self-pity.

W

WhoCares

Sad - wallow usually with chocolate or gummi bears.
Angry - crack open the old goth CDs and prance around my living room in underwear miming.

93JC

It depends on the particular reasons why I'm sad/angry.

Something I used to do to help me chill out was listen to music in the dark.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sad- resolve what's eating at me if possible.

If it's not possible in the short-term, I distract myself by listening to music I enjoy- genre varies. Or sleep.

Angry- I rarely experience this emotion. So little makes me feel 'mad' in my day-to-day life. Probably experience anxiety more than anger.
That last time I recall being actually aggravated was installing an old, awkward, heavy as fuck AC unit in my old window. I often get mad/swear at heavy objects. It intimidates them into cooperating.

R

Riva

When i am sad i listen to music or sleep. I usually sleep after listening to music.

When i am angry i always regret it which means it's too late. If there is any emotion i do not wish to have that would be anger.

Counting back from 10 to 1 and all those techniques don't seem to work. Especially since when taking time before respond to something the sane thing that agitated me tends to get repeated the annoyance become worse.

Grr

Edit - the only meditation i do these days is to counter anger. I began it about a week back. Lets see whether i've made any progress in another few weeks/months.

Sad- resolve what's eating at me if possible.

If it's not possible in the short-term, I distract myself by listening to music I enjoy- genre varies. Or sleep.

Angry- I rarely experience this emotion. So little makes me feel 'mad' in my day-to-day life. Probably experience anxiety more than anger.
That last time I recall being actually aggravated was installing an old, awkward, heavy as fuck AC unit in my old window. I often get mad/swear at heavy objects. It intimidates them into cooperating.

Lolz.

Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?