• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you do when you're feeling sad and angry?

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I'm sad I usually immerse myself in sadness because if I try to ignore it it usually comes back later 10 times worse.

When I'm angry I usually listen to music and dance aggressively, provided no one's around. The anger usually resolves itself.

Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?

Ugh, that's the worst. I usually imagine that I'm destroying the perpetuator physically, mentally and emotionally and it gives me perverse happiness.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't frequently experience those emotions simultaneously.

I respond to each in a distinct manner.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?

I don't hold heavily to concepts like "fair." Some things just suck, and that's it. Fair doesn't exist beyond our perception, which varies. If I carried around shitty feelings for every time I felt like something/someone directly in my life were "unfair" to me, it'd eat me alive. I can't be bothered to give a damn unless it's somehow getting in the way of my life. In which case, my internal reaction is to respond externally with critical thinking/analysis/info-gathering instead of sitting there pissed off. It's just a switch that kicks on. Just resolve/reconcile it and move on. :shrug:

Could be that growing up around people with extreme anger problems conditioned me to try to examine situations differently. I don't know, really.

wolfy

awsm
I don't frequently experience those emotions simultaneously.

I respond to each in a distinct manner.

Me neither come to think of it. When I am sad I tend to introspect on its cause. When angry, some kind of release. Only lately do I fully understand how it is better for me to push my emotions out as some kind of physical expression. Not necessarily in the moment, but as a general way of living.

G

Ginkgo

Take deep breaths. Examine my motivations. Organize my thoughts. Avoid thinking in the past.

Take a walk or a drive.

Lyrics give me reason to brood so I listen to instrumental music.

R

Riva

I don't hold heavily to concepts like "fair." Some things just suck, and that's it. Fair doesn't exist beyond our perception, which varies. If I carried around shitty feelings for every time I felt like something/someone directly in my life were "unfair" to me, it'd eat me alive. I can't be bothered to give a damn unless it's somehow getting in the way of my life. In which case, my internal reaction is to respond externally with critical thinking/analysis/info-gathering instead of sitting there pissed off. It's just a switch that kicks on. Just resolve/reconcile it and move on. :shrug:

Could be that growing up around people with extreme anger problems conditioned me to try to examine situations differently. I don't know, really.

It sounds like you quickly assess the situation in a Te manner to figure out what exactly you are losing by being unfairly treated. (Of course i meant 'being affected' which i didn't mention earlier.)

Yes growing up with bad tempered people would have helped. Also you are probably good at reading body language too.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It sounds like you quickly assess the situation in a Te manner to figure out what exactly you are losing by being unfairly treated. (Of course i meant 'being affected' which i didn't mention earlier.)

Yes growing up with bad tempered people would have helped. Also you are probably good at reading body language of others too.

I'm terrible with body language. :laugh:
I don't have a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to things being fair or unfair for me, personally. I'm quicker to notice those discrepancies when they happen to other people. For me, though- I quickly see the bigger picture & how little a lot of things matter, & examine how certain elements work to fully grasp the essence of the situation. With that understanding in of itself, I feel at peace with most things, one way or another. I figure that's more of an NiTi response over Te, if we're gonna tack on functions.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It starts out like this
456850658_640.jpg

then I separate myself
why+me.jpg

then I drag myself outside to reflect
4.jpg

while talking to myself
300_sparta.jpg

then I imagine doing this
907_original.gif

after a few hours I feel like this
The-Seven-Dwarfs-disney-270983_1288_567.jpg

R

Riva

I'm terrible with body language. :laugh:

Yes not having a strong sense of self entitlement probably helps a lot. I don't get mad based on self entitlement. And it's harder for most than it is probably for you to:gather your thoughts when pushed iber the edge mainly.

Anyway after you said you are terrible at body language i imagined you casually staring at someone who is chocking to death trying to figure out what his body language is saying. You are funny even when you aren't making any jokes :p.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes not having a strong sense of self entitlement probably helps a lot. I don't get mad based on self entitlement. And it's harder for most than it is probably for you to:gather your thoughts when pushed iber the edge mainly.

I dunno about that (things being easier/harder for others compared to myself). I just lean heavily on rationalizing/intellectualizing as a coping mechanism to some extent, I think. :shrug:

Anyway after you said you are terrible at body language i imagined you casually staring at someone who is chocking to death trying to figure out what his body language is saying.

Yeah, it's pretty much like this.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I dunno about that (things being easier/harder for others compared to myself). I just lean heavily upon intellectualizing as a coping mechanism to some extent, I think. It's not always productive in of itself, but it sure beats feeling acutely distressed- like I can do something about it, even if it's just take it apart. :shrug:

Anyway after you said you are terrible at body language i imagined you casually staring at someone who is chocking to death trying to figure out what his body language is saying.

Yeah, it's pretty much like this.