User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    cool cat Freesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    252

    Default

    When I'm sad I usually immerse myself in sadness because if I try to ignore it it usually comes back later 10 times worse.

    When I'm angry I usually listen to music and dance aggressively, provided no one's around. The anger usually resolves itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?
    Ugh, that's the worst. I usually imagine that I'm destroying the perpetuator physically, mentally and emotionally and it gives me perverse happiness.

  2. #22
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I don't frequently experience those emotions simultaneously.

    I respond to each in a distinct manner.

  3. #23
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?
    I don't hold heavily to concepts like "fair." Some things just suck, and that's it. Fair doesn't exist beyond our perception, which varies. If I carried around shitty feelings for every time I felt like something/someone directly in my life were "unfair" to me, it'd eat me alive. I can't be bothered to give a damn unless it's somehow getting in the way of my life. In which case, my internal reaction is to respond externally with critical thinking/analysis/info-gathering instead of sitting there pissed off. It's just a switch that kicks on. Just resolve/reconcile it and move on.

    Could be that growing up around people with extreme anger problems conditioned me to try to examine situations differently. I don't know, really.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't frequently experience those emotions simultaneously.

    I respond to each in a distinct manner.
    Me neither come to think of it. When I am sad I tend to introspect on its cause. When angry, some kind of release. Only lately do I fully understand how it is better for me to push my emotions out as some kind of physical expression. Not necessarily in the moment, but as a general way of living.

  5. #25
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Take deep breaths. Examine my motivations. Organize my thoughts. Avoid thinking in the past.

    Take a walk or a drive.

    Lyrics give me reason to brood so I listen to instrumental music.

  6. #26
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I don't hold heavily to concepts like "fair." Some things just suck, and that's it. Fair doesn't exist beyond our perception, which varies. If I carried around shitty feelings for every time I felt like something/someone directly in my life were "unfair" to me, it'd eat me alive. I can't be bothered to give a damn unless it's somehow getting in the way of my life. In which case, my internal reaction is to respond externally with critical thinking/analysis/info-gathering instead of sitting there pissed off. It's just a switch that kicks on. Just resolve/reconcile it and move on.

    Could be that growing up around people with extreme anger problems conditioned me to try to examine situations differently. I don't know, really.
    It sounds like you quickly assess the situation in a Te manner to figure out what exactly you are losing by being unfairly treated. (Of course i meant 'being affected' which i didn't mention earlier.)

    Yes growing up with bad tempered people would have helped. Also you are probably good at reading body language too.

  7. #27
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It sounds like you quickly assess the situation in a Te manner to figure out what exactly you are losing by being unfairly treated. (Of course i meant 'being affected' which i didn't mention earlier.)

    Yes growing up with bad tempered people would have helped. Also you are probably good at reading body language of others too.
    I'm terrible with body language.
    I don't have a strong sense of entitlement when it comes to things being fair or unfair for me, personally. I'm quicker to notice those discrepancies when they happen to other people. For me, though- I quickly see the bigger picture & how little a lot of things matter, & examine how certain elements work to fully grasp the essence of the situation. With that understanding in of itself, I feel at peace with most things, one way or another. I figure that's more of an NiTi response over Te, if we're gonna tack on functions.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  8. #28
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    It starts out like this


    then I separate myself


    then I drag myself outside to reflect


    while talking to myself


    then I imagine doing this


    after a few hours I feel like this

  9. #29
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm terrible with body language.
    Yes not having a strong sense of self entitlement probably helps a lot. I don't get mad based on self entitlement. And it's harder for most than it is probably for you to:gather your thoughts when pushed iber the edge mainly.

    Anyway after you said you are terrible at body language i imagined you casually staring at someone who is chocking to death trying to figure out what his body language is saying. You are funny even when you aren't making any jokes :p.

  10. #30
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Yes not having a strong sense of self entitlement probably helps a lot. I don't get mad based on self entitlement. And it's harder for most than it is probably for you to:gather your thoughts when pushed iber the edge mainly.
    I dunno about that (things being easier/harder for others compared to myself). I just lean heavily on rationalizing/intellectualizing as a coping mechanism to some extent, I think.

    Anyway after you said you are terrible at body language i imagined you casually staring at someone who is chocking to death trying to figure out what his body language is saying.
    Yeah, it's pretty much like this.

    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you type different when you're feeling well and when not?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 12:46 AM
  2. [MBTItm] If you're feeling down...
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 03:02 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Songs that express what you're feeling
    By Troisi in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 04:13 AM
  4. What are you guys feeling about the state of affairs now?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO