User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I read a book or watch something. It keeps me in flow state. At this point in my life, in a way, I'm both better and worse than ever. I used to be able to handle boredom, not a big problem. These days if I am not occupied with something, or don't like what I'm doing, pernicious thoughts creep in fast and I'm in a state of suicidal despair within 30 minutes or so. Flow is my life support.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

When I'm angry I'll speak my mind too the person and hope they don't cry. :p because really, I don't do good with sad. I operate much like an 8 in this domain. But I don't shy from verbally duking it out. If the person sticks with me it ends happy. If I need space or time I'll say so and resume the argument later.

If I'm angry and stuck in traffic or something (traffic doesn't make me angry but if I'm already angry and in traffic) I'll say things like, "move asshole" or "let's go grandma" or, "dude, do you want to die. Get your stupid bike out of my way" ... NOT so they hear me though. Just grump angry stuff.

If I'm sad ?? Oh god. I am learning ... literally. It ... sucks. That's about it.
    I've been listening to a lot of depressing sounding classical. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    ENTP

When I'm sad but still energetic I write dark poetry and prose. When I don't feel up to that I game competitively, go for walks, listen to music more despondent and twisted than I feel.

When I'm angry I seethe, write dark poetry, game competitively, listen to metal, shut other people out or ask very pointed questions. I try to avoid anger as best I can... people usually don't make me angry twice.

Socionics
    ILI

Angry: Imagine hurting people or simply just scheme to get revenge as brutally as possible. Fantasizing vengeance.
    Sad: Get angry, or mope about and wallow in self-pity.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ?....-I have rage.
    consider the possibility of a narcissistic parent.

WhoCares

Sad - wallow usually with chocolate or gummi bears.
    Angry - crack open the old goth CDs and prance around my living room in underwear miming.

It depends on the particular reasons why I'm sad/angry.

Something I used to do to help me chill out was listen to music in the dark.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sad- resolve what's eating at me if possible.

If it's not possible in the short-term, I distract myself by listening to music I enjoy- genre varies. Or sleep.

Angry- I rarely experience this emotion. So little makes me feel 'mad' in my day-to-day life. Probably experience anxiety more than anger.
    That last time I recall being actually aggravated was installing an old, awkward, heavy as fuck AC unit in my old window. I often get mad/swear at heavy objects. It intimidates them into cooperating.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Riva

When i am sad i listen to music or sleep. I usually sleep after listening to music.

When i am angry i always regret it which means it's too late. If there is any emotion i do not wish to have that would be anger.

Counting back from 10 to 1 and all those techniques don't seem to work. Especially since when taking time before respond to something the sane thing that agitated me tends to get repeated the annoyance become worse.

Grr

Edit - the only meditation i do these days is to counter anger. I began it about a week back. Lets see whether i've made any progress in another few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Sad- resolve what's eating at me if possible.

If it's not possible in the short-term, I distract myself by listening to music I enjoy- genre varies. Or sleep.

Angry- I rarely experience this emotion. So little makes me feel 'mad' in my day-to-day life. Probably experience anxiety more than anger.
    That last time I recall being actually aggravated was installing an old, awkward, heavy as fuck AC unit in my old window. I often get mad/swear at heavy objects. It intimidates them into cooperating.
    Lolz.

Edit - what do you do when you are unfairly treated; doesn't that annoy you?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Angry: Imagine hurting people or simply just scheme to get revenge as brutally as possible. Fantasizing vengeance.
    That too.