• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final chapter of the new revised edition of How to Win Friends and Influence People

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Here it is guys!

Chapter 20: Give them this book!

When you disagree with someone and think they may be exhibiting poor communication, give them a copy of this book! They will probably read it in its entirety, reflect on it, realize how wrong they were, cry, and then come thank you for changing their life.

The End. I hope you have enjoyed my book.

-Dale Carnegie

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here it is guys!

Chapter 20: Give them this book!

When you disagree with someone and think they may be exhibiting poor communication, give them a copy of this book! They will probably read it in its entirety, reflect on it, realize how wrong they were, cry, and then come thank you for changing their life.

The End. I hope you have enjoyed my book.

-Dale Carnegie
I wonder how many additional copies this advice will sell?

Jaguar

10 Chilling New Things About Charles Manson Detailed in His New Biography

There's a new biography of Charles Manson out this month -- which seems like the last thing America needs, in light of the reams of print that have already been devoted to the wannabe pop star who led his "family" to commit nine murders in the summer of 1969, terrifying Los Angeles.

Manson learned his most effective techniques by studying Dale Carnegie. Carnegie, a salesman, had published How to Win Friends and Influence People in 1936, sharing his techniques for convincing others to do what you want. Good information for a salesman, yes, but supremely helpful for a con man.

After stealing a car in Ohio and driving it to L.A., where his mother was living, Manson was sent to prison in San Pedro -- and there he enrolled in a Carnegie course. It changed his life.

"Charlie had always evinced limited reading skills, but in this Carnegie class he proved that he could not only read but fully comprehend printed material if he was sufficiently engaged, and if instructors were helpful enough," Guinn writes. "Virtually every word in the Carnegie publications resonated with Charlie. For the first time in his life he was considered an outstanding pupil." How to Win Friends, Guinn reports, "seemed to formally codify all the ways Charlie had manipulated people since childhood." Acquaintances would later recall Manson using just those techniques on the young women in his "family."

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/20...-charles-manson-detailed-in-his-new-biography

Charlie and Dale. A match made in heaven. ;)

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
The advice works, but someone like Charlie is the only type that could consistently apply it. Normal people, that is people who aren't sociopaths, have a need for sincerity and truth in relationships and life.

It's like, I know how I could become a politician. The steps are clear; knowing how isn't what's holding me back. It requires the kind of person who doesn't mind going out all day every day and self-promoting.

It goes to show, power doesn't go to people who actually merit it. It goes to people who love power so much that they spend their lives in pursuit of it.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
The advice works, but someone like Charlie is the only type that could consistently apply it. Normal people, that is people who aren't sociopaths, have a need for sincerity and truth in relationships and life.

It's like, I know how I could become a politician. The steps are clear; knowing how isn't what's holding me back. It requires the kind of person who doesn't mind going out all day every day and self-promoting.

It goes to show, power doesn't go to people who actually merit it. It goes to people who love power so much that they spend their lives in pursuit of it.

Isn't that how life works ? you pursue power, you get power because that's the end game for you. Its clear at least in the public eye certain politicians and business people etc are not looking to be seen as beacons of integrity and good will. Merit has always been an unstable platform for attaining power, so many factors go into it or intangibles as espn analyst would say.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Isn't that how life works ? you pursue power, you get power because that's the end game for you. Its clear at least in the public eye certain politicians and business people etc are not looking to be seen as beacons of integrity and good will. Merit has always been an unstable platform for attaining power, so many factors go into it or intangibles as espn analyst would say.

Is it clear that those people aren't looking to be seen like that? Name 1 politician or business magnate who doesn't claim to have the best intentions, or who admits to pursuing power for its own sake.