User Tag List

View Poll Results: How were you diagnosed?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Professional

6 85.71%
  • self/friends/family

1 14.29%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I didn't understand a lick of that... though that's more because I sense it was some kind of math-like process, not so much because of the handwriting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My notes don't look any better than that, I don't think. I'm neurotypical, but my motor skills are nothing to write home about. When I need to, I write fast, then go back and recopy my notes neatly while it's all still fresh in my mind. I learned to do that at my first job.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My notes don't look any better than that, I don't think. I'm neurotypical, but my motor skills are nothing to write home about. When I need to, I write fast, then go back and recopy my notes neatly while it's all still fresh in my mind. I learned to do that at my first job.
    Im gonna have to do the same thing

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    Im gonna have to do the same thing

For classes, just the act of writing stuff down lodges it in my brain (and helps me pay attention and focus) enough that I *usually* don't ever have to go back and look at the notes. But when stuff has to be legible, I have to either recopy it or type it. Word processors and PCs were just becoming a thing when I first started college, so I remember what it was like before them. I'm very, very pro-technology.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    For classes, just the act of writing stuff down lodges it in my brain (and helps me pay attention and focus) enough that I *usually* don't ever have to go back and look at the notes. But when stuff has to be legible, I have to either recopy it or type it. Word processors and PCs were just becoming a thing when I first started college, so I remember what it was like before them. I'm very, very pro-technology.

Me too. Well, sounds like ur the perfect momma for ur sons. Thats great!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Me too. Well, sounds like ur the perfect momma for ur sons. Thats great!
    Check back in with me when they're twenty-five and we'll see.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

@cafe @Ivy

DISCLAIMER: what you are about to see is not a pretty sight. My hopes are that what you are about to see will neither scar you, nor change your opinion of me in anyway. Here is my quick hand scribble scrabble so i dont loose my train of thought.

Here it comes

Attachment 11436

Attachment 11437
    about the same as mine, of course I was told to use a computer as well. My hand writing has improved over the years though it actually stays on the line now.so maybe yours is now worst
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I mean in terms of walking, talking, dressing, ect I was behind in

I didn't walk til 2.5 didn't talk til around the same time, and this is kinda embarrassing but couldn't dress myself til end of 1st grade because buttons. I walked with out bending my knees until i was around 5 or 6

I think if I had been born 4 years later I would've been dxed with a pdd, honestly, but I don't know for sure.
    If it makes you feel any better, my siblings and I didn't talk until we were about 3-4 years old. Until then, we pretty much spoke to each other in our own gibberish language. Quite scary and amusing at the same time for our mom, to say the least.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, my siblings and I didn't talk until we were about 3-4 years old. Until then, we pretty much spoke to each other in our own gibberish language. Quite scary and amusing at the same time for our mom, to say the least.
    Oh I'm not upset or ashamed, I was stating a fact
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Oh I'm not upset or ashamed, I was stating a fact
    Ah, okay then my bad!

To add on to my previous statement - my siblings and I were all in our own little world, according to my parents' accounts. We might not have had coherent speech at the time, but we had each other's company and could somehow understand each other's "language". Mom once made us promise (in recent years, that is) that the three of us would always remain best friends with each other like that.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/