• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Toxic Te/Fi Epidemic in Contemporary America

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. Yes, I do think there is some merit to the idea of overriding Te but I think it's also fairly multifaceted - it's not just overriding Te, it's also e3-ish narcissism and productivity focus and e8-ish power and influence focus. To some extent I think it ends up being this way because those are the attributes that push externally the hardest. The rest aren't as interested in surface control. I do agree that the best world results from a balance.

I am in agreement that there has been too much focus on end product, the education system is a mess with its insane focus on tests and shunting students down rigid, labeled pathways, and big business. However, I do not think that all of this is attributable to Te culture, and unfortunately I feel like I fall more on your side of things, [MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] - I am typically at a loss in a results-oriented, external structure, logistical world, too.

On the brighter side, I know plenty of FPs and TJs who are huge supporters and some even owners of small/local businesses. I certainly support small business myself and find large corporations distasteful. I am also surprised by the linking of Facebook and Fi; it seems to me that it can be used either in a very Fi or a very Fe way, depending on the person. I am a sorority member and we use Facebook to encourage group support, engagement, and positivity, which I see as very Fe.

Personally I was also born, raised, and now live in the American South, which is very Fe in culture, and the rest of my family is on Long Island in NY, where the culture is very Te. There is no way I can really agree that American culture is very dominantly Te/Fi, not where I live and the surrounding states. Southern culture is very rooted in Fe principles and still largely operates on them. And of course we are not a dominant power in the country, but I do think it has long been a bastion for those sorts of principles, and is unlikely to change anytime soon, so even if the country is in a Te-Fi phase, I think plenty Fe-Ti is preserved in much of Southern culture.

Also - "Networking" and "it's not what you know but who you know" strike me as notably Fe, as well, and those are common sentiments I hear echoed from friends and acquaintances from across the country. So, there are still some strong Fe holds in the country. I think it is Ti more than Fe/Ti that is struggling.

I would be interested to hear suggestions for improvement in overly-Te-heavy industries.

Yes, I third this.

I LIVE IN THE SOUTH AS WELL. It is very Fe...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Just a comment from a foreign observer who doesn't live in the US. US is seemingly not totally a Te/Fi country. Yes for artist, and engineer, businessman, but warrior type (Fe-Si) and sportsman (ESTP) is also apparent, and journalist who can be Ti/Fe (ENTP) and also Fi/Te.
Culture
What it is world widely known is Hollywood to me, an entertaiment industry, mostly by movie, music. It is an Extroverted Sensation-introvert judging EST/FP and ISFP type who has career as performing artist make their fortune within this industry. It has been even when Cassete, VCD, was the media recording. There are long list of performing artist in this category.
Sports
NBA is probably a worldwidely known basketball competition. It is very ESTP. I was familiar with the name that buzzed by my classmates in the past like : Kobe Bryant, Shaquell O'neal, etc.

Business
The Mass Media is also well known worldwide. A media brand, like CNN is already franchised. ENFP, ENTP will be a competent journalist.
Worldwide known Franchise restaurant: KFC, McD, Starbucks. Restaurant need a Fe-Si (ESFJ) hired as a cook or even chef to make a delicious menu.
Technology Business
The US is worldwide known has many technology companies, like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Youtube, Google, Instagram. So again, you need an engineering (ENTP,ENFP) and also business minded (ESTJ) person.
Foreign Politics
The US seemed like a spartan like warrior country, that likes to wage war in the 1990, when the gulf war happened, and war in Iraq 2000. But, Since WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction) was not found like what was previously campaigned, some believe it was based on a conspiracy. Type that bravely fight like warrior is identified as a very Fe-Si.
Unique Policy: Legal Weapon Trade and Ownership for non Military Personnel
I highlight this as a unique domestic policy rarely found anywhere else arround the world. You need an Engineering minded person (Te-Si) to make a weapon but the user is a warrior type also who want to defend himself/herself and protect others (Fe-Si).

World-widely known Automobile industry like Chrysler, Ford, and also Harley Davidson, and Boeing are from the US also, all of which needs Engineer and Business man type.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just a comment from a foreign observer who doesn't live in the US. US is seemingly not totally a Te/Fi country. Yes for artist, and engineer, businessman, but warrior type (Fe-Si) and sportsman (ESTP) is also apparent, and journalist who can be Ti/Fe (ENTP) and also Fi/Te.
Culture
What it is world widely known is Hollywood to me, an entertaiment industry, mostly by movie, music. It is an Extroverted Sensation-introvert judging EST/FP and ISFP type who has career as performing artist make their fortune within this industry. It has been even when Cassete, VCD, was the media recording. There are long list of performing artist in this category.
Sports
NBA is probably a worldwidely known basketball competition. It is very ESTP. I was familiar with the name that buzzed by my classmates in the past like : Kobe Bryant, Shaquell O'neal, etc.

Business
The Mass Media is also well known worldwide. A media brand, like CNN is already franchised. ENFP, ENTP will be a competent journalist.
Worldwide known Franchise restaurant: KFC, McD, Starbucks. Restaurant need a Fe-Si (ESFJ) hired as a cook or even chef to make a delicious menu.
Technology Business
The US is worldwide known has many technology companies, like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Youtube, Google, Instagram. So again, you need an engineering (ENTP,ENFP) and also business minded (ESTJ) person.
Foreign Politics
The US seemed like a spartan like warrior country, that likes to wage war in the 1990, when the gulf war happened, and war in Iraq 2000. But, Since WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction) was not found like what was previously campaigned, some believe it was based on a conspiracy. Type that bravely fight like warrior is identified as a very Fe-Si.
Unique Policy: Legal Weapon Trade and Ownership for non Military Personnel
I highlight this as a unique domestic policy rarely found anywhere else arround the world. You need an Engineering minded person (Te-Si) to make a weapon but the user is a warrior type also who want to defend himself/herself and protect others (Fe-Si).

World-widely known Automobile industry like Chrysler, Ford, and also Harley Davidson, and Boeing are from the US also, all of which needs Engineer and Business man type.

Republicans seem to like voting for Promoter ESTPs.

I don't think Obama was a Te type either. I think the two most common things I've seen are ENFJ and ENTP. I'm more inclined to believe ENFJ personally; [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] seems to be on to something with recent presidents. He talked a lot about change but I remember even before he was elected, a lot of his actual policies were pretty similar to Hillary Clinton. (Which is why I didn't vote for him in the primaries. I suppose he had the benefit over Clinton of not being for the war in Iraq, but he was also not a Senator at the time and wasn't in a position to have an influence on that policy at that time.) I think if he was a Ne dom, he'd have more policies that were actually pretty different. I think the substances of the ideas would be more different, rather than just the rhetoric.

What do you guys think about Sanders? I think Sanders is what I would think an ENTP politician would be like. He's actually pretty idea and policy-focused (whether you think those ideas are good or not is up to you), and he states them frequently and often. He isn't necessarily the most personally polished (as befitting an intuitive).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Republicans seem to like voting for promoter ESTPs.

I don't think Obama was a Te type either. I think the two most common things I've seen are ENFJ and ENTP. I'm more inclined to believe ENFJ personally; [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] seems to be on to something with recent presidents. He talked a lot about change but I remember even before he was elected, a lot of his actual policies were pretty similar to Hillary Clinton. Which is why I didn't vote for him in the primaries. I suppose he had the benefit over Clinton of not being for the war in Iraq, but he was also not a Senator at the time and wasn't in a position to have an influence on that policy at that time.

Obama isn't P type so that leaves ENFJ. Inferior/weak T is pretty visible when you think about it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you guys think about Sanders? I think Sanders is what I would think an ENTP politician would be like. He's actually pretty idea and policy-focused (whether you think those ideas are good or not is up to you), and he states them frequently and often. He isn't necessarily the most personally polished (as befitting an intuitive).

This one is hard.

I would say INFJ actually.
In private settings he is really private and calm.
He can fire up the crowd with something that looks kinda Fe and he cares about people .
Bad at stepping on people, even when it needs to be done.
Political visionary that can plan ahead.

Or INTP e9 that has evolved into a 3. (but that can work in combo with INFJ as well)