User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    You know, I was.

Ah, okay, that makes a fair deal of sense then. Sounds nice, I'm glad you have achieved that mentality. I don't know if I'll ever break myself of women
    I thought you were gay?

EDIT: Nevermind I didnt get you were being ironic here. Its hard to tell, but now that you've confessed to liking women, the dots connect.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Anyways, to stay on topic, Id like to say to the OP that being married is a completely understandeable reason to not want to act like "one of the guys".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    And it should be everyone's definition. I know a number of people who hang around with others who they aren't good mixes with. Either it's different (incompatible) personalities, different life aspirations, different interest, etc. And it results in nothing but complaining about how the other sucks. I sit there and am like "WHY are you friends with this person? Give me a rational reason as to why." and they just can't! It blows my mind. It's such a waste of energy too. Yes, change yourself around in ways that you can to get along when you need to. But when you don't? It doesn't make sense to do so.
    I don't mean to suggest that my friends must share all my interests, only that they should understand and accept me enough not to be put out by the fact that we do have some divergent interests, as I do for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Anyways, to stay on topic, Id like to say to the OP that being married is a completely understandeable reason to not want to act like "one of the guys".
    So being unmarried gives a guy license to ogle and catcall after every attractive girl who comes his way? How disappointing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

So being unmarried gives a guy license to ogle and catcall after every attractive girl who comes his way? How disappointing.
    No.

Of course not.

I just meant that the guys at the OP's workplace who do behave this way would be less likely to expect him to join in with them if he used that excuse.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

And also, should unmarried guys be made to feel like freaks for not partaking in such behavior?

MBTI
    yupp

I don't mean to suggest that my friends must share all my interests, only that they should understand and accept me enough not to be put out by the fact that we do have some divergent interests, as I do for them.
    if that was the case you might as well clone yourself and raised the clones in the exact same enviroment you were raised in
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    And also, should unmarried guys be made to feel like freaks for not partaking in such behavior?
    No.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    No.

Of course not.

I just meant that the guys at the OP's workplace who do behave this way would be less likely to expect him to join in with them if he used that excuse.
    They know I'm married, and many of them have wives and girlfriends of their own. Some openly brag about cheating. I actually stood my ground once when I was asked one of those hypothetical "would you cheat if you knew you could get away with it" questions. If other guys with significant others want to do that, it's fine with me, I don't see it as my place to get involved or act self-righteous. It's a personal value for me. I don't really think I am a value-driven person, but that's one area that I will always stand firm. If it got to the point that I felt I needed to see other women, I'd rather just tell my wife what was going on and that I didn't think our marriage was going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    No.
    It was more of a rhetorical question. Sorry.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    It was more of a rhetorical question. Sorry.
    Lol! It's okay. I'm afraid I'm kinda gullible and stupid sometimes. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).