User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think I just view it as being nice and courteous. I tend to do the same in order to "be one of the girls".

One of my friend's posted as a facebook status, "You can't just walk up to people and just start talking about black holes." There tends to be certain topics that are more appropriate amongst acquaintances and strangers. Amongst those I am closest with, I can talk more thoughtfully on other topics.

I find it interesting that forum interaction is one of those few places that acts opposite of normal socializing customs. Here, we come with our ideas first. We talk about psychology and mbti and so forth. But then, there is a fluff zone, where people can then go to interact in a more buffoonery way and poke fun at one another.

Also, @Lyedecker, most of the guy's I know tend to not be "sport's guy's". Not all men have to be into sports. And tell them to F*** off if they try and give you crap for it. They may be more stumped because you had paraded it for so long.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Maybe the first post gave the impression I walk around in a jersey and scream "go Seahawks" all day long. It's nothing that extreme. However, when people ask me, I feign interest where none exists. Lately, my tactic has been to simply avoid these people as much as humanly possible.

As far as the thing about looking at other women.. I've stopped pretending to be a drooling hound. Now, if someone says, "ohhh damn I'd hit that" I try to reply with something more positive, less degrading, i.e. "Yes, she seems very nice" or "Yeah, she's pretty"

The older I get, the less I feel like putting on these silly facades.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

As far as the thing about looking at other women.. I've stopped pretending to be a drooling hound. Now, if someone says, "ohhh damn I'd hit that" I try to reply with something more positive, less degrading, i.e. "Yes, she seems very nice" or "Yeah, she's pretty"
    this is totally the kind of redirection i was talking about. i do that same thing.

or i make a joke of it, like make a dumb comment about how since she's hot she's probably crazy, and i wouldn't hit it. (although i don't believe that hot=crazy, a joke like that can do wonders for smoothing over different viewpoints)

EDIT: after a joke like that, i usually end up feeling bad in case anyone took me seriously, and saying something like, "nah, i'm sure she's a perfectly nice woman"
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Maybe the first post gave the impression I walk around in a jersey and scream "go Seahawks" all day long. It's nothing that extreme. However, when people ask me, I feign interest where none exists. Lately, my tactic has been to simply avoid these people as much as humanly possible.

The older I get, the less I feel like putting on these silly facades.
    ha! That wasn't what I had pictured at all. I just meant you had probably previously always feigned interest and out of nowhere suddenly said, "No. No more. I hate it!"
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Well it tends to alienate you from friends. Where do you go and get friends with the same interests?

I don't like sports and I never pretended to be interested in it. Okay maybe volleyball... but that is for a different reason

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ha! That wasn't what I had pictured at all. I just meant you had probably previously always feigned interest and out of nowhere suddenly said, "No. No more. I hate it!"
    that's about right

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Well it tends to alienate you from friends. Where do you go and get friends with the same interests?

I don't like sports and I never pretended to be interested in it. Okay maybe volleyball... but that is for a different reason
    bouncing tittays?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    That said, I'm happier alone than I'd ever be if I pretended to be someone else for the sake of.. of what, even? Some vapid sense of acceptance? It has no meaning. It's about as valuable as the lies that would've fostered it. I'll take "awkward" silences any day.
    Awkward silence is not the only alternative. Being bullied, ridiculed, exiled from all peer groups are some of the others. Men, especially boys, live in herds. If they are not your 'friends', they may very well be your enemies. Hiding is easier in larger cities than in small towns, though. Perhaps the one good thing about urbanization.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    this is totally the kind of redirection i was talking about. i do that same thing.

or i make a joke of it, like make a dumb comment about how since she's hot she's probably crazy, and i wouldn't hit it. (although i don't believe that hot=crazy, a joke like that can do wonders for smoothing over different viewpoints)

EDIT: after a joke like that, i usually end up feeling bad in case anyone took me seriously, and saying something like, "nah, i'm sure she's a perfectly nice woman"
    Hot does not equal crazy except in the case of redheads. j/k

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    interesting, which test did you take?
    I objectively looked at and applied the various functions in my life and deduced which ones were prominent in my lifestyle. I then took several different cognitive function tests and averaged the results of each function and placed them in order.