User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    speaking of being one of the guys when I was 11 I wondered what it was like to have a penis so I took a plastic tube put electrical tape over the top and pierced a whole in the electrical tape...and you can figure out the rest. This thread reminded me of that, I don't know why I thought that would tell me.
    did you keep your apparatus? might still come in handy.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    did you keep your apparatus? might still come in handy.
    no, and if I did I would have no clue where it be I'm 27 now
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Ok I'm a girl, which makes sense. But I have no interest in makeup, talking about boys, or shopping (the sterotypical girl stuff) so what I do is I don't really talk to girls about that kind of thing. If that's all they want to talk about, then I find someone else to talk to. I don't really change who I am to fit in, I find somewhere I already fit in. And it doesn't matter if who I'm talking to is male or female as long as we're both enjoying the conversation.
    Same for me. I usually try to ignore people around me who are discussing or indulging in things of no interest to me. If they press me, though, I will sometimes let them have it. For instance, if asked my favorite sports team, I will say I don't care, and the whole enterprise is a waste of money and effort.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

I stopped pretending a long time ago, because it disgusts me more than being excluded for being weird.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I never pretended to like things I didn't.. I mean it'd be part of a shaky foundation for any kind of friendly dynamic, to me. If someone's really enthusiastic about something- & I don't particularly care about it- I try not to be a buzzkill, & I'll occasionally ask questions around the topic - "active listening," I guess. Somewhere in there, I can typically dig out some part of the essence of the interest & find connections with things we're mutually interested in. Or I just listen because I otherwise enjoy that person's company, & I may playfully rib later on that I really can't wrap my head around the importance of said interest- but emphasize that I'm glad it makes 'em happy. If it's someone I don't give a shit about & for some reason *have* to be around (family/coworker/etc), then I just do the "active listening" part til I can physically remove myself. Sometimes the questions help me indirectly understand the other person in a new light, but most of the time, I'm just not there- and that's the point, at that point. I don't care to be, so I'm not.

At the end of the day, I won't lie about my interests or pretend to give all that much of a damn. It is possible to illustrate that mentality without being a jerk, too. People seem to perceive this sort of thing in terms of extremes. Either you're fake-happy-interested-an empty shell, or you're a cold-unfeeling-obtuse-asshole. There's a lot of gray area if you let go, & look around.

That said, I'm happier alone than I'd ever be if I pretended to be someone else for the sake of.. of what, even? Some vapid sense of acceptance? It has no meaning. It's about as valuable as the lies that would've fostered it. I'll take "awkward" silences any day.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

The one time I said, "I don't really care about football" turned out to be a big mistake. Everyone else in that situation, who had previously been viciously bashing one another's teams, suddenly turned on me. "Whaddya mean?" "You don't even have a team!?!" I just shrugged, sipped my coffee, and went back to my corner of my workplace.

I mean, I watch the superbowl, but I don't really watch it. We have it on every year, but it's really for my wife. I usually bury my head in a book, occasionally glancing at the score. She grew up watching it every year with her family, and I'll respect her tradition if it makes her happy. It's a few hours out of my life only once per year, so I'm not going to complain. Plus, it's a good excuse to have a lot of tasty, cholesterol filled snacks.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    The one time I said, "I don't really care about football" turned out to be a big mistake. Everyone else in that situation, who had previously been viciously bashing one another's teams, suddenly turned on me. "Whaddya mean?" "You don't even have a team!?!" I just shrugged, sipped my coffee, and went back to my corner of my workplace.
    What's so terrible about that?
    Other people's confusion (especially when they're very worked up) can be very entertaining.

I mean, I watch the superbowl, but I don't really watch it. We have it on every year, but it's really for my wife. I usually bury my head in a book, occasionally glancing at the score. She grew up watching it every year with her family, and I'll respect her tradition if it makes her happy. It's a few hours out of my life only once per year, so I'm not going to complain. Plus, it's a good excuse to have a lot of tasty, cholesterol filled snacks.
    D'aw. That's a good example of striking a balance. When it counts- with someone who matters. And who loves you for your differences.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    What's so terrible about that?
    Other people's confusion (especially when they're very worked up) can be very entertaining.
    Oh, it amuses me plenty. I like some level of conflict and chaos, I just don't like it when people try to draw me in or target me.

I relished seeing fights start in high school. I wasn't right there in the front of the crowd cheering, but I enjoyed watching from afar.

I liked watching people lose their shit over the OJ case. I really didn't have an opinion myself. It's just amusing how attached people become to issues and how personal it becomes for them. I'm not saying I've never been that way myself, but I've learned it's easier to remove myself from conflict and enjoy the show from the POV of an outsider.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I also look at it as being an ENTP that doesn't use Ne but uses Ni. If you notice, if I were to change my first function to Ne, then, with the exception of Te, I would be exactly an ENTP. But because Te is there, above Fe, and is accompanied by a dominant Ni, that means I'm an INTJ. It also means that I'm much more schizotypal than the regular person due to the coexistence of Ni and Ti (Ni and Ti loops are indicative of Schizotypal PD, Social Anxiety, and Avoidant PD).

Chameleonism is weird.
    interesting, which test did you take?