• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Women's Talk and Men's Talk

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP does have truth to it. There are exceptions to all generalities but this is indeed a source of frustration.
What about it do u believe is truthful?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The gossipy chit-chatter of women is the equivalent of the bro-fisting grunts of men talking about cars and bangin' whores. The form may be different, but the conceptual content's the same.

Mole

Permabanned
Oh please! Women's talk is emotionally brilliant and reveals social skills most men can only dream of.

And men's talk reveals a brilliant grasp of reality.

It's just that as we become more prosperous, conversation is becoming the premium social skill.

And this is a social skill men are currently learning. How lucky we are to have women to teach us.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh please! Women's talk is emotionally brilliant and reveals social skills most men can only dream of.

It's just that as we become more prosperous, conversation is becoming the premium social skill.

And this is a social skill men are currently learning. How lucky we are to have women to teach us.

Do you think its at all possible that, as a man yourself, you might be prone to considering the difference in world view a man tends to possess compared to a woman to be more "real", because they are your personality traits also?

Mole

Permabanned
Do you think its at all possible that, as a man yourself, you might be prone to considering the difference in world view a man tends to possess compared to a woman to be more "real", because they are your personality traits also?

I think that in prosperous countries women have a better grasp of reality.

And conversation is our reality today.

Look around you - we are engaging in conversation now.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
By and large women enjoy talking with each other. This is because women talk to make each other feel better.

And by and large men talk about reality.

And this explains why, by and large, women don't like talking to men so much. And this is because women want talk to make them feel better not to relate to reality.

And women try to teach men to talk in such a way as to make them feel better. But men are pretty hopeless at this.

I have a large circle of aquaintances, but a small circle of friends that I share my inner self with. This circle is comprised of five friends irl and one online friend, not family members. [Of course, family members are in the inner circle,] but I'm talking about the six people I hang out with and choose to spend my time with. All of these friends are male, except for one and she dresses and acts like a male. What on earth does that say about me?!

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Words are for woman but that doesn't insinuate which words are discussed. I'm not a fan of talking about anyone. I've been guilty of talking TOO much. But not gossip. The original poster can't possibly be serious. Lol!

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has anyone questioned the idea that if words are for women and action for men, what about men who do nothing? They could easily be compared to that women who is like talking to a hand bag. ... I think that makes sense, right? There's all sorts of things women talk about, or don't. And there's all sorts of things men do, and don't. I'm calling this a troll post and I'm being silly to even entertain it seriously. Lol! I could be wrong and I'll probably now be crucified. I talk too much :(

Mole

Permabanned
Anecdotal Evidence and Personal Testimony

I have a large circle of aquaintances, but a small circle of friends that I share my inner self with. This circle is comprised of five friends irl and one online friend, not family members. [Of course, family members are in the inner circle,] but I'm talking about the six people I hang out with and choose to spend my time with. All of these friends are male, except for one and she dresses and acts like a male. What on earth does that say about me?!

I am talking about men and women in the large, and you are giving me anecdotal evidence about yourself.

Why would you think anecdotal evidence is anything but anecdotal?

The rest of the world knows that anecdotal evidence is not valid evidence. So why do you think anecdotal evidence is valid?

The answer is simple and stares us in the face.

Anecdotal evidence is called Personal Testimony in Protestantism. And Personal Testimony is a religious practice in Protestantism.

And when we live in a Protestant country, we take Personal Testimony for granted. And it has all the validity of a religious practice.

However almost all of the 7,000 million alive today, only a tiny number are Protestant and do not practise Personal Testimony.

On top of that all scientists know anecdotal evidence, and so Personal Testimony, has no validity.

And yet your world minority culture is determined to force anecdotal evidence down our throats and calls a religious practice, valid.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that in prosperous countries women have a better grasp of reality.
So which is it? Do men have a better grasp of reality, or do women? Or do men just talk about it more?

I suspect it is more that the reality of women on average differs from that of men, which of course influences the conversation of each.

On top of that all scientists know anecdotal evidence, and so Personal Testimony, has no validity.
Not at all. In science, anecdotal evidence just means insufficient data to draw a definitive conclusion. Quite often, however, it is useful in suggesting ideas or in guiding the collection of additional data.

Your preferred manner and topics of conversation are closer to those traditionally preferred by men than by women. My experience has been the same.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Not at all. In science, anecdotal evidence just means insufficient data to draw a definitive conclusion. Quite often, however, it is useful in suggesting ideas or in guiding the collection of additional data

Thank you, Coriolis, for understanding. This was exactly my purpose. Also, I find interesting that your communication experience between genders has been the same. To me, it suggests that personality factors may outweigh gender.

Little_Sticks

I know it seems to be agreed that women are basically more emotional creatures compared to men. More sensitive to a person's emotional cues, a greater awareness of reading between the lines of someone's emotions. I guess it's called emotional intelligence. Is Mole looking at how this often gets portrayed? It wouldn't mean what Mole says would be for all women or all men, since people channel their nature in their own unique ways, but I suppose the underlying concept would still be there, if people agree of their own assessment.

The gossipy chit-chatter of women is the equivalent of the bro-fisting grunts of men talking about cars and bangin' whores. The form may be different, but the conceptual content's the same.

Oh, right. But what do you see the concept as?

Mole

Permabanned
Abuse of Power

To avoid your constant harassment, Coriolis, I have tried to put you on Ignore.

But this is not possible because you are a Moderator.

So you are able to harass me at will.

This is called the abuse of your position as Moderator.

Mole

Permabanned
Parochialism

I think it is worthwhile repeating that Personal Testimony is a religious practice of Protestantism.

And the religious practice of Personal Testimony is taken for granted in the USA.

Americans think that Personal Testimony is taken for granted throughout the world.

This is called parochialism.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] my intentions had nothing to do with religion or being Protestant or being American. I sincerely wanted to add to your thread, but in all of interactions, I have discovered one thing about you: you truly are a blind or at least, very short-sighted, mammal.

I will not revisit this thread; therefore, any comeback on your part is a wasted effort, and [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], from what I've seen, has been nothing but fair, open-minded and honest in her dealings with you.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To avoid your constant harassment, Coriolis, I have tried to put you on Ignore.

But this is not possible because you are a Moderator.

So you are able to harass me at will.

This is called the abuse of your position as Moderator.
My responses to what you post hardly constitute harrassment. But you are correct that it is not possible to put madmins on ignore. You are welcome, of course, simply to ignore anything I post as an ordinary member, such as in this thread.

I will also do my best not to respond to you personally, which may minimize our interaction. If I disagree with a general idea you post on a public thread, however, I will probably reply to present my perspective. These posts will be, and always have been, directed more at the thread participants at large rather than at you personally.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] my intentions had nothing to do with religion or being Protestant or being American. I sincerely wanted to add to your thread, but in all of interactions, I have discovered one thing about you: you truly are a blind or at least, very short-sighted, mammal.

I will not revisit this thread; therefore, any comeback on your part is a wasted effort, and [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], from what I've seen, has been nothing but fair, open-minded and honest in her dealings with you.

It's true I am a short sighted little Mole. And not seeing far I see closely, and I can see the Protestant religious practice of Personal Testimony permeates your work.

And I can see you support Coriolis in her abuse of power as moderator.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mole, I have to ask... Do you talk the way you type? With big pauses between sentences, even if they are part of the same thought?

Sunny Ghost

By and large women enjoy talking with each other. This is because women talk to make each other feel better.

And by and large men talk about reality.

And this explains why, by and large, women don't like talking to men so much. And this is because women want talk to make them feel better not to relate to reality.

And women try to teach men to talk in such a way as to make them feel better. But men are pretty hopeless at this.

This is too black and white.

Meh - I'm siding with the guys on this one. :alttongue:

I'm not sure that is feminism.