User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 59

  1. #41
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I'm not sure that is feminism.
    I never said it was. I support feminism, but only to a certain extent.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  2. #42
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Mole, I have to ask... Do you talk the way you type? With big pauses between sentences, even if they are part of the same thought?
    As you read we are caught in our minds between the printed page and electronic text.

    The printed page is printed on a printing press invented in 1440.

    And electronic text, invented in 1840, is made by moving electrons.

    The printed page is linear and sequential, while electronic text is closer to speech or verse.

    So I use the spacing on the screen to highlight and isolate.

    I quite understand that as a highly literate individual nourished on print, you find my electronic text (etext) strange.

  3. #43
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    As you read we are caught in our minds between the printed page and electronic text.

    The printed page is printed on a printing press invented in 1440.

    And electronic text, invented in 1840, is made by moving electrons.

    The printed page is linear and sequential, while electronic text is closer to speech or verse.

    So I use the spacing on the screen to highlight and isolate.

    I quite understand that as a highly literate individual nourished on print, you find my electronic text (etext) strange.
    Your thought process is interesting. I like that.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  4. #44
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    By and large women enjoy talking with each other. This is because women talk to make each other feel better.

    And by and large men talk about reality.

    And this explains why, by and large, women don't like talking to men so much. And this is because women want talk to make them feel better not to relate to reality.
    I'm curious, what type of conversing style are you guy's proposing men have? What do you guy's mean by "more firmly rooted in reality"? Is it being suggested that women live in a trifle fantasy world?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  5. #45
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I'm curious, what type of conversing style are you guy's proposing men have? What do you guy's mean by "more firmly rooted in reality"? Is it being suggested that women live in a trifle fantasy world?
    By and large, women are in touch with the electronic world we are increasingly inhabiting with conversation, and not only conversation, but international conversation.

    Women are superbly equiped, as women have superior verbal ability, better social skills, do the emotional work in relationships, and have been practising their relationship skills since kindergarten.

    While men are dominated by their visual sense at the expense of their aural sense.

    Men are emotionally stunted by working in a specialised job rather than having a role.

    Men are simply unable to enjoy conversation and this puts them at a disadvantage in our electric world.

  6. #46
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Question for you Jennifer as a n00b.
    On other forums one is allowed to "thank" another user's posting,
    but I do not see any such function here.

    IS there a way to do this which I haven't found yet?
    Or is one required merely to 'Reply' and enter something inane such as "+1" in response?

    ...thanks for your help!
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  7. #47
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I am talking about men and women in the large, and you are giving me anecdotal evidence about yourself.

    Why would you think anecdotal evidence is anything but anecdotal?

    The rest of the world knows that anecdotal evidence is not valid evidence. So why do you think anecdotal evidence is valid?

    The answer is simple and stares us in the face.

    Anecdotal evidence is called Personal Testimony in Protestantism. And Personal Testimony is a religious practice in Protestantism.

    And when we live in a Protestant country, we take Personal Testimony for granted. And it has all the validity of a religious practice.

    However almost all of the 7,000 million alive today, only a tiny number are Protestant and do not practise Personal Testimony.

    On top of that all scientists know anecdotal evidence, and so Personal Testimony, has no validity.

    And yet your world minority culture is determined to force anecdotal evidence down our throats and calls a religious practice, valid.
    Disagree about anecdotal or personal testimony having no validity. You're overreaching.
    There are degrees of certainty, degrees of confidence, types of evidence.
    Logical syllogism from truthful and accurate and significant premises is best.
    Then results of valid, well-constructed experiment.
    Then theory based on experiment.
    Then various forms of testimony -- eyewitness, memory, and the like.
    Then 2nd-hand testimony.
    Then rumor and conjecture.

    The problem with anecdotal evidence is that one cannot generate reliable and reproducible error bars for it;
    and it is harder to "falsify" under certain conditions, making it harder to eliminate false positives.
    But that does not mean it is necessarily false, or necessarily "dis-reliable".
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  8. #48
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Disagree about anecdotal or personal testimony having no validity. You're overreaching.
    There are degrees of certainty, degrees of confidence, types of evidence.
    Logical syllogism from truthful and accurate and significant premises is best.
    Then results of valid, well-constructed experiment.
    Then theory based on experiment.
    Then various forms of testimony -- eyewitness, memory, and the like.
    Then 2nd-hand testimony.
    Then rumor and conjecture.

    The problem with anecdotal evidence is that one cannot generate reliable and reproducible error bars for it;
    and it is harder to "falsify" under certain conditions, making it harder to eliminate false positives.
    But that does not mean it is necessarily false, or necessarily "dis-reliable".
    I quite agree with you.

    I am though drawing attention to the fact that Personal Testimony is a religious practice of Protestantism.

    And so Personal Testimony has been elevated to the sacrosanct.

    This is germane to mbti which is based on Personal Testimony.

    And unfortunately Personal Testimony is taken for granted and regarded as sacrosact and immune from critique.

    So mbti takes on a quasi religious character.

  9. #49
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    So mbti takes on a quasi religious character.
    Just as the Old Testament is to Judaism, and the New Testament is to Orthodox Christianity, so Personal Testimony is to Protestantism.

    And Personal Testimony forms the very basis of mbti.

  10. #50
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Given no information other than my writings, people often seem to take me for a female.

    I guess I do womens' talk.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. Women and Men writing about each other and themselves
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
  2. women who love makeup (and men, too!)
    By velocity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
  3. Typing women as F and men as T?
    By BerberElla in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
  4. Women and men: exploring the "wo".
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO